Chapter 18: Battle For The Cascade Badge!

I believe that Kanto Arc might exceed 90 chapters, which is going to be very long. I will try to finish in a year. After finishing it, I will take two or three weeks break and upload new series, which is the Orange Island Arc.

Enjoy!

Disclaimer: I don't own Pokémon.
—————————————————————
"Let the battle begin!" Violet declared.

"Staryu, start off with Water Gun!" Misty commanded.

Staryu fired Water Gun and darted towards Butterfree, but Ash was ready.

"Dodge it and use Gust!" Ash called out.

Butterfree quickly dodged the attack and flapped it's wings. It created strong wind and Staryu was easily sent flying and splashed inside the pool.

"Oh yeah!" Ash exclaimed.

"Come on Ash, don't be stubborn. This is a Water Type Gym. My Pokémon are Water Type and they are good swimmers." Misty said with narrow eyes. "Use Tackle!"

Staryu jumped out of water with a break-neck speed and hit Butterfree. It cried in pain, however it managed to stay in air.

"Use Stun Spore!" Ash ordered.

Butterfree nodded as it flew over Staryu and sprinkled the dust on top of it covering a wide area.

Staryu began to twitch and shake violently once the dust fell onto it.

"That won't work here, Ash! Staryu, wash it off!" Misty told it.

Staryu inched slowly towards the water due to it being paralyzed and fell in, effectively cleansing it of the powder. It then jumped back out of the water and looked as good as new.

"I think the status won't have any effect here, for now. Let's just attack it!" Ash said.

"Staryu, dive inside the pool!" Misty called out.

"Watch out Butterfree! It can come out a nowhere!" Ash warned Butterfree.

Butterfree nodded and waited for Staryu to come to out. However, it was taking too long that everyone thought Staryu has been drowned, even though that is impossible. Suddenly, Staryu has come out of the water with a sonic-speed and hit Butterfree once again. Then it dived underwater once again.

"Use Tackle!" Misty commanded.

"It's too fast. I better try this." Ash thought. "Butterfree, use Harden!"

While Staryu was in underwater, Butterfree hardened it's body many times to increase it's defense. Then Staryu erupted from the water again and went into a Tackle. However, this time, it gave less damage due to high increases in defense. It landed on tile after the attack.

"Alright!" Ash exclaimed.

"Harden won't work on this! Use Water Gun." Misty ordered.

Staryu fired Water Gun straight for Butterfree. However, Ash was ready.

"Use Confusion to stop the attack in air!" Ash called out.

Butterfree's eyes glowed blue, and it stopped Water Gun attack just before it collided with it. Then Butterfree send the Water Gun back to Staryu with psychic force. It directly hit Staryu and fell down as it tasted it's own medicine.

"Oh no Staryu!" Misty cried in worry.

"Hmm hmm. Great strategy Ash." Chase muttered.

"Now what is Misty going show us?" Brock wondered.