Chapter 34

/JUST TELL ME ALREADY!/

/You hair is darkening each time you visit, at this rate, she'll eat you up/

/Abby can't touch me./

/Not yet./

/The seal is weakening, if this goes on, havoc will break-/

/Then set it free, unlike my organized sister, I prefer to have freedom, but look at me now. Wrapped under the chains of her resentment./

/I need to know why./

/Then free me, if you free me, I shall tell you all your desires.../

------------------

*She's gone mad already.*

"Wake up maggot, it's time for breakfast."

* I could care less about their quarrels, but I need to know if I want to be free.*

------------------

"Duchess?"

"Ah, Lady Octivus! What a rare sight this is." Estelle giggled at the noble lady trying on the blouse design she recommended. 

"T-th-this is not what it seems like!" Rachel stuttered at the embarrassing occurrence of her pride.

"Are the sales going well?"

"Ah, yes. The designs you recommended are becoming  noticed and more ladies would come in for them. The material also suffices the weather and is comfortable to wear. I am grateful for your advice." Rachel bowed while Estelle chuckled.

"I thought you were returning to Wysteria instantly. But I'm glad you're still here. How is she?" 

"She has potential Duchess, I'm actually here to pick her mask-" 

The curtains slid open as a thrilled girl with grey eyes of a storming cloud gleamed with joy. The right side of he face was covered with a mask of gleaming black lines, coated with shining gems and lined with fine fabric.

"I love it Miss! Greetings Duchess!" Canaria bowed.

*Somehow like Mia.*

"Enjoy your time at Schelias, I'll look around for a while Lady Rachel." Estelle waved goodbye as she exited the boutique.

*Thank you from the bottom of my heart...Lady Estelle.*

'Then join hands with me, so you'll become Duchess.'

------------------

Laughter was bursting out in the streets, kids were playing with toys they bought from the festival's spotlight, and the Duchess was smiling at the lively people who welcomed her sudden announcement. 

'FROM TODAY ONWARDS, NO CHILDREN, NO WOMEN AND NO SOUL SHALL BE LABELED AS WICTHES, NOR WOULD BE SOLD OFF TO THE DEVILS. WITCHES ARE NO MORE! FROM NOW ON, THERE ARE ONLY PROUD MAGES! REJOICE SCHELIAS!'

* I overdid it but at least it's impacting well. I can't believe I let out fireworks from my palms...literal fire works...*

Chuckling at her own thoughts she seems to have forgotten her guest arriving in a week's time. To her it was a matter that could be taken care of one she finished her outing. 

"Duchess?! Goodness, you must not wander alone like this on the streets!" An old lady came up to her and wrapped Estelle with a bland blanket.

"I'm fine Miss, everyone seems to be enjoying the festival so I thought of coming down too." Estelle smiled at the old lady.

"When the Duke left us, it wasn't the easiest time, the Count would collect taxes more than needed. I had my doubts when he sent the Duchess, but now it seems even my child can rest in peace." The old lady shed a tear while sharing her part. Estelle hugged her.

"I assure you that Schelias will now be a Duchy where children, adults and women are free to become who they wish to be." Estelle patted the elder's back.

 "A mage, a knight, a mercenary, none matters. What matters is their hard work and respect for the things they love." 

"I have faith that you will establish Schelias to further lengths, lengths you wish. But Duchess, greed is a double-edge sword."

"And that sword will be pointed to me alone Miss." Estelle nodded and hurried her way to the shallow parts of the festival.

Estelle bumped into a stiff figure, experiencing this from time to time ,she chuckled. Just when she was about to apologize a hand grasped her shoulder, making her on-guard. That was until their eyes met.

The broad daylight showering their skin with warmth as the confetti from the citizen's joy fell like petals. She could feel his intense gaze into her eyes. His ruby eyes no longer reeked of the bloodlust she felt the first time she met him, she could clearly see he came in a rush, in a rush where a week was too long for him. 

Suddenly, her heartbeat rose with the temperature she felt on her cheeks, she wanted to look away, she wanted to avert his stare and run away...but a part of her wanted to stay like this. A part of her wished time stopped.

A part of him wished he never met her, yet, he couldn't bring himself to dislike his choice, his opportunity of choosing her as his wife. He met her during a banquet where her eyes were of a dead doll. But now, he's holding her, her eyes gleamed with life, joy and excitement.

If only time stopped, they would enjoy this moment. 

He saw her wavy locks a mess, concluding she'd be running around without Mia, he leaned in. Doing an action he never thought he, as a Duke and as a man, would ever carry out.

The lively festival sparked happiness in the citizens' heart, it bloomed unknown emotions inside the married couple. 

Where her husband embraces her tightly, kissing her in the busting streets, she clenched onto his coat. Letting him take the lead, the wedded couple sprouted an emotion which was not to be included in the contract.

It would be a lie to say this isn't love. 

For both have realized too early, yet too late to save themselves from it.