Chapter 22

Augustus didn't leave.Though Estelle recovered,he didn't leave.He wondered what would've happened if he didn't make it in time?Now he wondered,what happened back then? He fed her the medicine,that's why she's stable.But if she were to take doses of Dartius every now and then,how did she recover from it when she young?The Duke wanted an explanation.And he will attain it;one way or the other.But definitely. 

When she fell asleep,he slowly let go of her hand,she looked bewitching.The faint moonlight reflecting her blonde hair made it glow luminously.However she was as pale as the first snow.

*To think she was the same person from the morning. I've never felt this before...being tortured by the people you hold dear...it must have been hard for you..*  

Anger would be an understatement.But Augustus sat on the window seat,hoping the moonlight will ease his worries.Somehow Estelle reminded him of his mother,except that they were completely different,yet similar.As he sank through his childhood memories,he recalled a dim event.An event only he knew of.

'Augustus,dear.Don't run too much.I won't be able to catch up.'

'Mother,why does that girl look so frightened?' 

'....let's head back shall we?'

'Mother?'

He woke up to the light that penetrated his eyes.How strange.Normally he'd be awake before sunrise.But he confirmed one thing.Comfort ; came whenever he was with her. He sloppy got up,and softly laughed at himself.

*Since when was I type to doze off so easily?* He checked the bed and thank goodness,the blonde was still asleep.

*Should I call for Leo? No that lion will only question why we slept here....why...we..slept HERE!*He quickly covered his mouth with his palm,he felt his face growing hotter,slight shades of red were visible on his ears.

*Oh dear fucking Yggdrasil.* He was confused,he was perplexed,but most of all,he was blushing.He felt embarrassed at that the fact he,himself was blushing.Making the redness pile up with a mixed of disorientated emotions. Augustus breathed in and breathed out slowly. 

*This is normal.This is normal.This is normal.I mean,we just shared a room....Right.That's all we did.Fuck who am I kidding?WE SHARED A ROOM WHILE SHE WAS IN HER UNDERGARMENTS!U-N-D-E-R-G-A-R-M-E-N-T-S!!! Dear Yggdrasil....I sincerely ask for forgiveness.* 

He leaned over Estelle,maybe it was best not to wake her up? But what if she wakes up and has another seizure?He waited.He waited until the sleeping beauty opened her eyes.

Not long after,Estelle saw the Duke pacing back and forth across the room,she wanted to call out but her voice wouldn't reach him.It was deeply hoarse.Her movements weren't limited,she could move freely,but she didn't want to.She felt sore spots all over body,her hair was still intact,but it was a mess.She could barely speak,due to coughing blood and now she's hungry.But she still stared at the figure of her husband...panicking..?

*Is it about the social gathering?Was he mad that I didn't ask him to be escort? Anyways it's best that I go to him since I can't talk.*Estelle got off the bed,then she realized.But it was a little bit too late.The Duke averted his eyes towards her,his right hand on his chin,resting on his left.He seemed surprised with his jaw dropped.More or less,that is.Estelle darted back to the bed and wrapped herself in the blankets.

*Shit.*

<Indeed U_U>

It was an awkward moment of silence.Until the Duke decided to break it.

"Right...stay like that." He spoke as he walked towards her.Curious of what he meant,she "peaked" through the blankets,revealing her head.It was uncomfortable that most of her hair was trapped inside with the rest of her body,but at least she could breathe.The Duke lifted her,she was,after all,his wife.But she was also a woman.Estelle felt her body suddenly warmed up and her face became hot.

*What the heck is this?Why is he carrying me like a sick princess?* 

Luckily there was a slim chance of them getting caught;not that they were committing a crime,but they didn't want to get caught.Of course,the chance was slim.Very slim.

"Why good morning My Lord!" roared the most annoying person they could think of.Leo rushed towards them with a flowery smile.Like the world has been saved of the demon king.He glanced over to Estelle,immediately caught wind of the situation,but being the person he was-he decided to sway it to his own favor.

"Oh my,My Lady,are you alright?Why are you wrapped around in blankets?Ah.Don't tell me My Lord?! Even if your desires are reaching their limits,one must know how to hold back! My,my...I shall call for a doctor after breakfast and-"

"Quit your blabbering and call for one now.And stop attracting more audience."the Duke gave out a murderous glare to his butler who was still smiling with flowers circling him.The maids were looking down,but it was obvious they too were stunned.

Augustus carried Estelle to her bed and called out for Mia,who came rushing to her master's side.He told Mia to dress her up and help her to breakfast.He also informed Estelle she need not to handle the budget for today,but she persistently refused.

Later that day,news spread like a pandemic.

"I heard that the Duke and Lady Estelle already spent a night together.Haha.And to add the Duke had to call for a doctor to attend to the Lady this morning.My father said she'll need to week to fully recover,or else she'll be bedridden."

"Really?!Oh how romantic I wish my husband had enough time for me..He's always busy with work,we barely spend nights together."

"Isn't that disgraceful to do such a thing before the wedding?"A brunette joined in. 

"Oh my Lady Yvonne,do you not know? They are already married.Despite not having a wedding ceremony and the sweet plans,they're already society's newly-wedded couple."

"So that makes...Lady Estelle..."

"Duchess Estelle..."The brunette clenched her fists.  

Things were indeed going in Leo's way.But for how long can he keep this up?How long can the White Lion sustain?

< I'd like to thank everyone so much.I never thought that I would reach over 300 reads >w< Stay safe and take care everyone.Again,thank you for reading and supporting this story.I drew this(I know it's bad U_U) and my best friend said it looked like Estelle,but in modern style.So why not?But hope you like it!>

So why not?But hope you like it!>

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.