Chapter 42

There were many versions of how the two sisters were on different standings, one perceived freedom of emotions while the other adored order and equality. 

But only a countable few know of their true story. And Ingrid wanted to share it with everyone...so that the tears of their 'Mothers' would finally stop.

------------------------

If there was one reason that Estelle was jealous of Abigail ,it would be a loving family. Abigail had an understanding mother who wouldn't slap her if she said the wrong word, she had a caring father who wouldn't lock her up in a chamber if she were to oppose him. And Abigail was surrounded by flowers of society each and then. That was Estelle saw her as, she was envious but she knew wishing for those was useless.

While on the other hand, Abigail saw Estelle as perfect and flawless, porcelain skin of white snow, deep emerald eyes of the forests and beautiful blonde hair which could rival the moon itself. Estelle had posture and knowledge, Abigail was blinded by anxiety that she could never be like her, so she came to resent Estelle.

Little did they both know, that behind the lavish dresses and beautiful faces, both had scars of their own. But parallel lines...never meet...

------------------------

"MISS!" Mia ran towards Estelle and hugged her tight while coating her with a warm cloak. The maids hurried over and helped their Lady have a warm bath. Leo wrapped his excellency in a large blanket and lectured where he had been during this crisis.

After cleaning up, Augustus told Leo something rather shocking which made the butler burst out tears of joy.

"Oh to think this day would come, it is a blessing from Yggdrasil himself! Oh my dear lor-"

"If you wish for me to cut off your tongue, keep speaking." The Duke's ears turned red with embarrassment, rethinking of the actions he did for Estelle. He didn't know why he did those, he just felt a sense wash over him...as if...only he was capable of those. 

"My Lord, imagine another man mounting My Lady on a horse and clearing a forest path all the way to the main mansion. Now what-"

"I'm her husband, no other man is allowed to touch her." Augustus himself was surprised to find himself saying those words, but it was the truth.

"Ha...but there's no rule saying that another man could repeat what you did My Lord, if that wer-" having his sentence cut off again, Leo just suppressed his chuckles.

"Then I'd do what I did to the damn Count I just visited." Augustus sighed, he truly didn't understand why he scarred the Count like that, but the thought of him being flimsy and sweet to the Duchess in various ways drove him to do so. 

"Enough, are there any reports on why it rained so heavily in such a good weather?" He asked.

"Oh, that My Lord..." 

"I'm terribly sorry for the trouble I caused..." a young boy with caramel hair bowed down to the couple. 

"Are you a magician?" Estelle asked, hoping she'd get to keep track of how many Mystics would beat him up. 

"No...I'm a Wanderer..." 

*That's even worse!* 

"I'll open an entrance for you back to the forest, next time don't cast a spell you haven't mastered in Enchantia, also, when you're casting it, divide the mana on the spell by half, so that it won't cause a storm." Estelle turned back as Leo spoke to the boy.

"Give this to the Second Gate, tell her it's from her superior, and contact me her reaction-" 

"You really are cheap in these ways." Mia stepped in, handing the boy a bag of sweets. 
"Send these to Ingrid, this is also for you." 

"Y-yes..." soon after the boy was sent back, word came that Lady Octivus was returning to Schelias. It was either a report or a warning, both weren't good but it was all it took for Yvonne to back a step away. 

----------------------

"So the sales have been going well the past months..." Augustus took the record of the boutique his wife opened, surprisingly, more commoners bought the fabric than the nobles. 

"Demands for fabric weren't as high as this for commoners, if said, they weren't high at all." he remarked.

"The fabric is the degraded cloth of the servants in our Duchy, though both provide comfort, the ones sold are suitable for going out and while dressed simply." Estelle explained. 

"I'm curious on why you trust me this much...I can take your head anytime." Immune to threats like these Estelle smiled.

"Your Grace wouldn't do that, after all, Your Grace too wants justice served...do you know the tale of 'Eternal Love'?" Estelle asked as she brushed her hand over her dress.

"I don't have time for love novels." he replied, making her chuckle.

"It's the precise version of 'Flowers of Wysteria', said only to be found in chambers of the royal palace. That is what I'm aiming for." making the Duke flinch, he bent over and asked.

"Intending to expose the full story would be troublesome to the people, if you're here to stir up unrest with the Emperor's faction and the aristocrats' faction, then I suggested sabotaging House Botava, the leading council of the aristocrats' faction." he sighed, he didn't know that the person who made him feel complex emotions was a complex person herself.

"I'm aiming for something simpler..." she let out a flame, which later turned into a book, " and this is my last request from Your Grace." the book later turned solid and dropped on his lap. 

"Have a good time." Seeing her side profile, he turned to the book, entitled as 'Eternal Love' he didn't understand how a story of love could make such a sad expression on his wife.