Chapter 30

Trying get the needle in the right position, Estelle struggles to see the Duke enter the guest room. He dropped his coat on the table and faced hi back to her.

"So who was she?" 

'Please...take me...'

"I believe she's rather going to an important child." She answered.

"At the banquet..." The sound of the needle stabbing the cloth was only heard. A figure shifted in the bed and mumbled some words. Unable to make out what they were,Estelle stood up to check on Alissa.

*Nevermind...*

"Right,I received word that you were invited to a tea party...I think the name was,right,House Botava."

"Yes,I plan to attend it,until then can we let her reside here? It seems she has no place to go." Estelle requested while she gazed at the pale blonde girl.

"If she didn't have a place to go then she wouldn't be at the banquet in the first place. Some noble must be looking for her. It's better to return what's lost to its owner." Augustus stood up,took his coat and exited the room.

"She's not a tool Your Grace...and neither am I." Estelle added hoping he would hear her thoughts but sadly,he already left.

-----

The crackling of fire woke her up with cold sweat and tears,recalling what happened wasn't the best choice for her.So Alissa stood up, only to find a figure of a brunette smiling at the fire. She despised the color brown,but when she saw her sister reaching to the fire with bare hands,she took action.

"STOP!" Alissa rushed over to the woman and held her hand,she closed her eyes ready for the impact of her sister. But none came. 

"I'm fine Alissa." The sweet warm tone of the woman calling her name was something new to her. She didn't know what it was like for other people to call her by that. In fact,she hated it when they did.But this time she didn't. 

Because it was not her sister.

Alissa opened her eyes to see a pair of emerald eyes gazing at her,the warmth of the fire was nothing compared to the woman's eyes.She mistaken her hair for brown while it was a rich,brilliant blonde of sunflowers. 

"Du-duchess..." Alissa let go of her sleeve.

"Good morning Alissa. I bought a dress for you,I don't know if it'll suit you but please do wear it to breakfast," Estelle stroked Alissa's hair, "then we'll go find your guardian."

This made Alissa freeze in fear. She pulled the skirt of the Duchess,but she didn't predicted Estelle to bend down and carry her in her arms. 

"Right. Even though you don't want to change,you must take a bath." She chuckled at the pale girl.

-----

"Which ribbon would you like Miss?" a maid asked.

"I think yellow would go with her eyes."

"No No! It's definitely  red,it'll be visible on her platinum blonde hair."

"What are you saying?It's blue of course!"

"Shhh! Let her choose." Mia quite them down.

"G-gr-green...this one..." Alissa pointed to a ribbon with yellow curves,coated with green dots.

"But Miss there are better ones." 

"I li-like this one..."

*It reminds me of the Duchess's eyes,green like the eastern jades.*