Chapter 2

"You've rather become bold,dear sister." Elios poked as he slowly sipped the morning tea.

"Bold? Is that not a mandatory qualifications a lady must have?" Estelle asked.

"Enough. We are gathered to discuss a rather important matter. So I suggest we take it seriously." the Marquess warned.

*"we"? How impudent. We all know that you vultures are going to sell me off for a political marriage. Well,at least I won't be tied down to the Cards any longer.*

"Now then father," Estelle said as she elegantly cut the tender meat, "who is the unlucky man? I suggest that being "bold" would be best for the both of us." Estelle,at this point had no reason to let her guard down.

"'Unlucky man' you say...that man you insulted is no other than Duke Zade." the Marchioness replied stiffly as if the Duke could come and take her head any moment.

Estelle froze,not only did they admitted that she's now a disposable tool but also she has to marry a "The Soulless Swordsman".The man who had served the empire in countless wars , who always came back with nothing but victory and praise waiting for his return. Duke Zade,a name that runs shivers downs each living veins in her body.

"You would not turn down such a scrumptious offer would you, Estelle?" Elios snickered. 

*Fucking bastard!Well...I can't expect anything graceful from this household.From day one of my life I had no such memory of happiness.*

"Of course,dear brother. I cannot wait to see what the future holds for this lowly bride." Estelle shrugged innocently as she stood up.

"If possible I would like to arrange it as fast as possible father.Thank you for the "scrumptious" offer." Estelle bowed and went her way.

<Translation: I can't wait to get outta this fucked up family>

No later than teatime, Estelle received a letter from her future husband.She didn't hesitate to open it for she had known the insane outcome of it. The letter was embroiled greatly in silver lining and the seal of the Zade's Household at the bottom confirmed her that this marriage was no joke.

"Miss Estelle Cards,

         News may have reached your ears before this letter has arrived,but let me introduce myself formally through this letter.Please pardon my rudeness that I cannot come meet you in person for I am busy with a variety of work.

        I am Augustus Zade,the Duke of the Zade household,as the nobility now knows,I am offering my hand in marriage to no other woman in high society but only to you,Lady Estelle.By three days time I shall sent my trustful butler to escort you to my estate where our engagement party shall be held after a week of your stay.I sincerely wish to dedicate my life,loyalty and respect to you,Lady Estelle.

    As it is how it is,further details of our marriage shall be thoroughly viewed in three days time.I hope for your arrival.

Sincerely,

          Duke Zade"

Estelle was now unsure if she were to laugh off the marriage or be serious about it.

"Only such as a man as him would be this confident even in letters.Can't see me in person? Of course that would only hurt your pride and spread baseless rumors due to Elios's lips.And oh my I didn't think the Duke would be refined in manner,to send a butler to escort me instead of a knight,you truly declared it to be "secretly political". Plus,the use of your exaggeration amuses me." Estelle laughed as if the Duke was now a jester in the opera.

"My lady,with all due respect please allow me to accompany you to the Duke's estate." Lillian pleaded.

"Lillian...you know that is not for me to decide," Estelle's hysterical laughter switched to a gentle smile, "but I as your lady shall persuade father,I have been begging since birth.I can beg more."

"My lady I-"Lillian was interrupted by her master's glare and thus understood that her master no longer needs past scars to reopen.