Chapter 19

Upon the sunset of the horizon,the two went separate ways and departed to their chambers,leaving the schemer in confusion.Estelle went back to her room and sat down on the armchair.She let out a sigh as she ordered Mia to call for Leo.Unfortunately,he's been summoned to the Duke's study first.

"Did you carry out what I told you to?"Augustus asked in a monotone voice.

"Y-Yes,My Lord.I shall sent these documents to the Lady.How was your visit?" Of course,being the person Leo is,he just had to ask.

"Nothing in particular.Guide her here after dinner." Leo nodded as he took away the files of the estate's budget. He was having quite a hard time going around with so many documents,he refrained himself from using teleportation because it would wear him out more than the confusion that he had just faced.

* I pushed him so their relationship would go according to the rumors and if possible,develop further than that..ha...I still have a long life ahead...*

"You shouldn't have meddled you know? It only made matters worse." He saw a petite girl with chalk-white hair braided into a bun who took half of the files from him.She wore a classical maid dress contrasting her hair as her caramel eyes frowned at him.

"Why,I was hoping to improve it dear.Not destroy it." He titled his head after confessing and sighed.

"Don't call me 'dear'.Seriously,everyone is giving out their breath lately.And Miss is calling for you."

"Funny.I thought air was free.And as you can see,I'm headed to her chambers to deliver these."He stopped in front of Estelle's door.It opened without any voice from inside,the two entered and placed the papers on her desk.

"Mind explaining why His Grace showed up at the Cards?" Estelle was still in her armchair reading a book about embroidery,she could care less about it.However it was essential for the upcoming social gathering.

"I wonder why,My Lady.Perhaps a rat or two slipped in?I would have to re-check." Estelle neither look up nor did she close the book,she sat still and confirmed.

"Right.Rats are annoying,so it's better if I track them down and get rid of them.So Leo," she got up,still scanning the book.

"Don't make me the bad guy." She shut the book as she stared into his eyes.They weren't far from age,that they could tell.But the courses they've been through are on another level.

"I plan to visit an entrance before the social gathering and if,by any chance,His Grace finds out.I won't hesitate to return to Enchantia." Estelle walked to the bookshelf,she placed the current book she was reading back into the small empty space and looked at the files.Then back at Leo,who did nothing but simply nodded.

"With commitment." She strongly added. The two gazed at the ground with eyes full of terror.Commitment,was a word no soul dared to use.Not in the forest.Not even outside it.The only "person" who had the right for it was Ingrid. 

"My Lady!-"

"M-Mis-Miss,these are the files the Duke sent you." Mia suppressed her anxiety and killed both his remorse and the devastating "silence".

"Very well,I shall see to them later.Leo you are dismissed." She winced her hand and the guilty butler walked out.As if nothing happened,Mia took the files and separated them into two piles,so that they would not fall over and scramble on the floor.Estelle sat at her desk,she somehow liked how Mia acted,as if nothing happened.She took one paper and she realized that she no longer needed to persuade the Duke to hand the budget over.The problem was that Leo didn't inform Augustus of her request.And her solution was to make another request.

Simple.

Estelle looked through the neglected files,she expected the garden budget to be ignored since the servants would not dare change a twig due to their master.And it was.No new numbers were written,no new items and no new products were bought.She stared at it,wondering how she would start from scratch.She decided to take a stroll within the garden and mark what was to be fixed.There was a lot to fix.

*So the servants just water the plants and trim the overgrown twigs?Then there must be areas with plain soil.First things comes first.I must remodel the front garden.* 

She visited the maids and servants working both outdoors and in the kitchen.She then ordered them to gather back in the kitchen.

"I apologize for calling everyone so suddenly,even though everybody was working flawlessly. But as you can see I have a favor to ask from all of you." She smiled heartily.Whispers ran through the crowded room.This was expected to her,however,Estelle lit a flame on her finger and gestured it.It turned into a swift and flew to the fireplace,lighting it up with a radiance.

"The favor is simple.I would like all of my humble people to cooperate with me with my stay here."She then made a sorrowful face,earning the pity of the crowd.Magic is renowned as a weapon,not as a miracle.Mages are renowned as warriors of the back-line,not as humble helpers.This,at least,they were not dumb to ignore.Estelle turned back to continue her stroll with success.

*Like mother like daughter.Hestia....your child is scary in a way.* Mia followed after she sweetly bowed to the crowd.

"Is that really our future Duchess?She seems so considerate."a maid whispered.

"I heard she uses magic like a tyrant but from the looks of it she knows how to control her mana well and she doesn't look like the type to hurt others." a male servant agreed.

"Well,one thing is for sure.Unlike the other Ladies that were thirsty for the Master and power,she gives out a different atmosphere about her! It's like she fully acknowledges us!"

"Now now!"The head maid of the kitchen clapped,"let us get back to work,but do not assume too much.She may change like all other people.It's best not to expect." She patted her servant's head and told them to get back to work.

"Yes,Belle."They answered in unity.It didn't matter who their master was going to be,not at the very least,it didn't. The servants and maids were a big family that the Duke saved.They would support the Duke's allies and shame his enemies.All in their own unique way.

*She does seem different.But there's always a time...people change....At least,...I hope she doesn't...*