Chapter 38

What makes you yearn for pleasure? 

----------

There was always a time people went through solitude, grief and ignorance. Unable to accept the terrible outcome of what they were given. This would later drive them into dark corners of greed. Greed which would not stop yearning, an incurable disease for eternal affection, affection too harsh that it became tainted. 

Because that was not affection.

It was the same for the poor villainess, Abigail Yvonne. All she ever wished for was the delusional romance she has ever felt from books and stage plays. But that all changed when she had her first meeting with the Duke. 

Their eyes met and it sparked her world, she watched from afar in order to save herself from falling into the sweet trap, but all she did was watch. She observed his activities in her sweetest form, she learned his schedule and would try to catch a glimpse of him every now and then.

And that was when she fell to rock-bottom.

But she knew she could not have him. Everyone did. Yet she defied her fate and claimed to love him and only him. Then what will come out of her admirer?  

Abigail Yvonne was a rival to Estelle Cards, the battle went on and on for beauty, but it was to the eyes of the audience, the emotions of the two dolls were not looked at. And little was Yvonne informed that the battle was one-sided.

'I heard that Lady Yvonne was nominated as the crown prince's fiancé!' 

She didn't care.

'Lady Cards seems to have mastered swordsmanship, that sounds awful..'

'Since she could've avoided being a knight and started a peaceful life with one of her marriage candidates!'

She didn't care.

'I wonder which Lady is on the front page!'

She cared.

---------------

"I apologize to have brought you in this incident." Rachel bowed her head to Elios while he pleaded that he came on his own accord.

"I'm just happy enough to see my sister have found a friend." The blonde heir remarked.

The two were travelling in a stormy night ,hoping the guards will let them in since the carriage didn't have any crests. The trees started to violently dance, waving them the creepy sounds of the night.

"Sir Cards seems to have changed since Miss Estelle's debut." Rachel was skeptical of the man in front of her. He was known to have robbed his sister's title and her future. But it was justified to the court; after all a man was more capable than a woman.

"I did what I had to Lady Octivus, if not...who knows what tragedy may befall my sister." Clearly, he dodged the subject, but being a friend to Estelle, she decided to pry further to the heir's sudden change of attitude.

"Do you mean your House? I'll say it now Sir Cards, you are here as an escort to promote the relationship between the current Houses. If by any chance you taint-"

"Pffft hahaha! You rather have some humor in your stuck-up attitude Lady Octivus!" Elios burst out laughing, leaving his partner in confusion.

"D-did I say something funny?!" having not one single person say that to her, she acted rashly.

"Rest assured, I'm an ally." Rachel turned away, ears red from embarrassment. Such a person exists to point out the perks she did not like of herself. 

'It's okay if we fail this time.'

*Somehow...they resemble each other...*

-------------------

/That's a good question right?/

/It applies to Abby more.../

/Oh please, I know you seek for affection too little girl. Just...different./

/But the answer?/

/That's for me to know and you to find out!/

<I'M BACC AND WITH A PRESENT>

I do like dark things sometimes, but hey at least I improved :3 But here's a 'lighter' version >