Chapter 16

*Felix.Felix.Felix.Felix! No doubt he's trying to sabotage the engagement.The cunning type,he always strikes for what he wants.Despite his age and being a Baron,he accomplished trade marks with the Southern border and earned a small piece of land there.But how did the Duke attain those information?They were the records which father kept to keep track of my work.But how did father know of the entrance in the mansion?Is that why I couldn't visit Teacher and Jane?Damn you,you old bastard!*

"Don't tell me he sent Leo to the mansion,did he?"Estelle came to a halt,supporting her chin up with her slim fingers.

"Yes,yes he did,My Lady." Leo bowed,left from Estelle's side.Wondering how Elios gave in,she heavily sighed.

"By the looks of it you must be quite spectacular at persuading people."

"I shall take as a compliment,My Lady.However,on the way back Sir Cards warned me about someone." Leo made a pushy grin on his face,Estelle cautiously smiled back.They already knew who that "someone" was.

Felix Zeak. Society's highest Baron.

*The problem with Felix hasn't been confirmed yet,so how can they be so sure that it's him?Even I have a hard time believing this.Moreover,a month later,he is to be promoted to a Count.Shit! We barely have enough time!Things will get more troublesome if he's promoted.* Ignoring Leo,she walked around the garden,she was used to seeing bland bushes and shrubs.Then,she had an idea.Why not modify them with flowers?

"Mia,Leo." Her eyes beamed with brilliancy as her company stared at each other,then back at her.

"If possible,Leo,inform His Grace that I would like to handle the budget for the garden and the kitchen.By any luck,he agrees,replant the shrubs near the porch with hydrangeas and fill the vines close to the resting palace with either roses or daisies.If he accepts my request that is."Leo knew what she was planning,and he thought of fully supporting her idea.

*Hooo...replenishing the garden with flowers shows great affection towards the owner of the household.If the gossiping nobles receive word of this they won't doubt My Lord's "loving relationship" with My Lady.And to add,the flowers she picked...are bottomless carry deep meanings.*

<The meanings will be portrayed later on in upcoming chapters ;).Hope you enjoy!>

"Yes,My Lady.I will inform My Lord tonight after your dinner with him.My Lord also sent word.I believe this would make a sufficient "exchange".He requested you to attend the social gathering that Viscount Yvonne had arranged,which will be held in a week." Leo elegantly bowed and Mia spoke up.

"My Lady!I would like to accompany you to the gathering,I believe that.." Mia looked concerned,she was frustrated that if her master had to lose face,then she will be by her side.But that was only what an escort could do.Not what a maid could.

"It matters not Mia.I'm glad that you wish to tag along,but you know the answer.Even high society restrict most personal maids to be with their Ladies all the time.If you're worried about my escort....I have the perfect man for that job." what seems to be a mischievous smile was a distressing grin,but only Mia caught wind of that.Again,her butler sighed with his hand on his forehead.

"Yes...?"While Estelle called for a carriage,Mia,who couldn't catch up titled her head but still followed her master into the carriage.They boarded the carriage which was beautifully marked with the Zade's household symbol.Estelle winced her hand,signalling Leo to keep this a secret from the Duke.Of course,what butler would he be if he were to oppose his master.But who must he serve?

"Mia...when we get there,I want you to stay still." Estelle ordered.The maid was in confusion,however,she silently obeyed.The carriage came to a stop in front of a mansion.The master and her maid departed from their ride and were greeted by plain bushes and shrubs with different,sorrowful shades of green.