Chapter 3

*Three days time...but will I attain my freedom if I get married to the Duke? What's the point...such a word has no meaning to me.*

A knock came from Estelle's door,she wasn't in the mood to deal with her family but what position is she in to refuse? She told Lillian to see who it was and to her surprise it was no other than Elios.

"Fine weather you're having tea with.Would it not be better to have a partner at least?" Elios signaled Estelle.Estelle ordered Lillian and the maids to depart for extra chores,leaving the tension of the Cards behind the chamber doors.

"My,isn't this a rare occasion?The young master barely bats an eye on my lady."gossiped a maid.

"If you do not want to receive unnecessary work I suggest you seal your lips tight." Lillian warned the young maid. 

Back in Estelle's room Elios was indeed looking pleased,but every tip of Estelle wanted to flee for this room which was once her comfort has now turned into a dire battlefield.

"So I heard the Duke sent you a letter.Mind if I join in for the discussion?" Elios placed his hand over his chin as he smiled.

"If you are here to shame me further you should've already known who the shameless person is." Estelle reversed Elios's smile. Elios roared with laughter.

"And? Just because you're getting married with the Duke,you've become really brave Estelle.By the way,do you think the Duke would find it comfortable if he figures out what creature you are?" Elios provoked further.

"As you said Elios,he would not be pleased with his wife but would he be pleased if he finds out why I'm like this?" Estelle's fingers could no longer hold a tea cup properly anymore. A small crack came from the cup as Elios now realizes that "Stelle" is dead.

"After all I am not the one at fault. Elios Cards,I suggest you leave my chambers before I give you another scar,dear brother." sudden wind gashed through the balcony and Elios backed away.

Neither Estelle or Elios were back to their childhood. He called her Estelle and she called him Elios. Even though the fact that they are siblings,no closure of nicknames were used like normal siblings.Well,ever since the day of her seventh birthday nothing was ever normal in this household. Estelle was exhausted and furious,due to the facts that she could deny.

Unlike other noble ladies Estelle was neither good at embroidery nor choosing the right attire for any upcoming occasion.Often pressed down by the expectations of high society and her own family's Estelle only had one person to express her feelings thoroughly,that was until,he changed.

Estelle laid on her bed with her night gown hoping for the hours to pass quickly. A quick flashback turned her eyes red and swollen with tears. That night Estelle relived her childhood through her own emotions.