Ch. 1

The air felt cooler than normal as training began for the day. It was perfect weather for one on one combat, Novia thought. She knew how sweaty she got from the intensity of it and hoped today would be a little less unbearable.

She stood in line while looking around for her friends, hoping the captain would pair her up today with one of her fellow comrades. She knew all of their levels of skill and it would be nice to know which moves she would have to bring to the table for today.

"Good...you're with Annie for today."

Novia sighed, she wasn't exactly friends with Annie, however she knew Annie's level of skill and she didn't want to admit that it was kind of intimidating.

Novia's skill level was usually always above average, but nowhere near Annie's. She tried to prepare her mind that she was going to get her ass kicked.

Novia tied up her long brown waves in a ponytail accepting that she would lose today's fight. She glanced across the field and caught Armin waving at her, she smiled back to show she acknowledged his small gesture.

"I'm sure you already know how this is going to go down, yeah?" Annie exclaimed with the same gloominess in her eyes.

She analyzed Novia's combat stance, looking at her like she didn't have a care in the world. Novia raised her eyebrows, surprised by Annie's confidence.

"I'm not sure exactly." Annie chuckled.... Novia knew she wasn't as strong as Annie, but she didn't want to admit defeat to her.

"Oh c'mon, you do know."

"Let's just get this over with."

Novia went in swinging first, a bad move as Annie effortlessly through her over her shoulder pinning her down quickly.

Trying to catch her breath as she hit the ground, Novia hit her head so hard her pale blue eyes watered a bit. Yep. That fucking hurt.

As time went on Novia managed to get a few good hits in, but ultimately Annie came out victorious.

Towards the end of training, Novia was hurting everywhere imaginable. There was still around ten minutes left when Captain Levi came over to supervise. Examining all the details of Novia's form.

Novia got anxious when the captain was around. She felt more obligated to do a good job, but she was bruised and beaten so bad, her form was sloppier than normal.

"What... can't take the heat Good?" Levi smirked, he could see the fatigue in her eyes but he didn't care.

She was in the Survey Corps for god's sake, she should be able to withstand almost anything if she didn't want to get herself killed within five minutes of a mission.

"No, I'm okay to keep going." Novia rolled her eyes. Her legs trembling and knuckles bruised. She was frustrated with herself because of the weakness she was showing in front of the captain.

She had too much pride to tell the captain how drained she'd become. He could see right through her lie. He knew she wasn't okay, but decided to test her stamina anyways.

He was astonished at her attitude and thought it was completely unacceptable.

Fine. Since she would rather her express she was okay and roll her eyes at the captain she could suffer the consequences verses putting her ego aside and just accept the fact she was not quiped enough to take on Annie for this long.

"Don't hold back Leonhart." He coldly replied.

"Captain, I think she's had enough for today." Annie didn't really have sympathy for anyone but she could see in Novia's eyes she couldn't withstand anymore beatings.

"Leonhart, that was an order."

"Yes sir."

And with that, Novia knew she was done for.

Thanks guys, this is my first fanfic so please be kind.
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo.
Also my Oc's name is Novia Good ! So if you see Levi saying "good" that's why.