Ch. 16

Omgggg we're at 3k yay tysm!

If things keep projecting like this I will update more often :) xoxoxox

......

Levi...

Probably the last person Novia wanted to see right now. She was frightened he would take one look at her and immediately uncover the truth, just with one of his cold stares. Anxiety flooded her body as she remained very still, pretending to go back sleep. All she started to focus on was drowning out the sounds. Maybe he would catch onto the idea that she wanted to be alone.

"That's it, I'm coming in." Novia's doorknob twisted and she internally panicked as she heard the captain stepping in the room, shutting the door behind him. Oh that's right.... he had keys. She forced her eyes close, the confrontation was too much for her to handle right now.

Levi examined the room. It was so dark and depressing in here....almost pitch black with only light from the hallway peeking under the crack of the door. He went around the room, using matches from the nightstand to light a few candles, so he could at least see where he was going. After he was finished he pulled out her desk chair, taking a seat.

"Oi Good, there's no way you're still sleeping right now...it's only just past dusk. Even if you were, the banging on the door had to have woken you up." He rolled his eyes. Novia clutched onto the blanket as she faced the wall, her eyes still shut. Silence.

"I'm not leaving until you talk with me....I'll stay all night if I have to." He persisted. Again, silence.

Levi took a breath, trying to stay patient, but the way Novia was blatantly ignoring him when he spoke to her was starting to push his buttons. He stood up, walking over to the edge of her bed, eyeing her suspiciously. He then harshly ripped the blanket off Novia and she nervously gasped, solidifying to him she was indeed awake.

"C'mon Good...what's been going on with you. Not showing up for dinner or training...you're nonchalant exterior to thinking it's okay to do that is completely unacceptable. What did I tell you would happen if you broke the rules again?" He threatened. Levi hadn't planned on giving her an actual punishment, at this point he just wanted her to say anything. As he predicted, Novia said nothing.

Levi analyzed Novia's appearance very meticulously. She looked like she had lost some weight. She was shivering as she clutched her knees and there were bruises on her arm....in the shape of a handprint.

"What in the fuck." He furrowed his eyebrows, sitting down on her bed grabbing her arm to take a closer look. This finally, got Novia to react.

Her eyes shot open as she yanked her arm back. Levi looked into her eyes for the first time in what felt like forever. He didn't see the usual sweet submissive girl who came to his room for rendezvous late at night. Dark circles surrounded her once breathtaking crystal eyes. Now they were drained of that lightness.

"No, don't touch me....." Novia took a long breath. "Please." She added softly, laying back down. Levi's eye widened as he was processing her behavior. She never reacted to his touch in that sort of way, ever. He wasn't some kind of stranger, he'd seen every inch of her already... why did it matter? What caused her to revert into this type of person? No, more like Who caused her to revert into this person?

"Novia. Whatever is happening to you, the way you're handling it isn't healthy, you can't keep doing this... You ha-"

"Please, please just go away. I don't want you to see me like this." She numbly interrupted him as she cried against her pillow, wiping her tears away just as fast, so Levi wouldn't see. For once in his life....Levi was putting up with her insubordination without yelling at her. The dynamics of this situation were different, he could tell she was really in deep seeded pain, he knew for a fact on normal days she would never act up to this level.