Ch. 20

Damn guys! 17k tysm appreciate it. From now on I think I'm going to post songs you should listen to as you read, seems like a cute idea!!

Also, This is such a good pic of Novia oml !!
Anyways hope you Enjoy xx.

Song to listen while reading: "Somebody Else ." The 1975

.....

Novia walked back to her room shamefully in her underwear and Levi's buttoned shirt. She looked out the window to see the sun making its way on the horizon. It was around six in the morning and she was sure someone was bound to see her by now. At this point it didn't matter much. She tried to smoothen down her messed up hair, twirling it with her fingers to try and cope with the replaying events in her head of Levi's hurtful words.

Novia's chest tightened to the thought of Levi betraying her trust. He took what he wanted and was done with her....and to believe she fell for all the sweet nothings he had whispered in her ear. She actually believed Levi wanted her to spend a couple days with him in his room to help her. She believed he cared about what happened with Floch. She believed he was a worthy person of sharing herself with in a way no one else would appreciate.

As she made it back to her room, she didn't go inside just yet. She slowly creaked open the door and peered in to see how deeply depressing it was.... So instead she slid against the wall, putting her hands over her face. The crumbling emotions returning... These crying sessions were a normal and daily thing for her now. She couldn't remember the last day she didn't cry.

"What's wrong with me?" Novia muffled to herself, her nose starting to run. She kept roughly rubbing her eyes, trying to force the tears away, only making it worse...her face was red and eyes puffy.

She heard footsteps coming and had no strength to stand back up, so she remained on the floor, sitting
in the same position.

"Novia?! What are you doing awake already? Are you alright?" Armin worriedly ran up to Novia immediately after spotting her, crouching down on his knees to comfort her. His cheeks started heating up as he saw she was in her underwear. He used his cape to cover her, so no one else would see if they walked past.

"No, I'm not okay....," she bawled, grabbing Armin by the shirt and burying her head into him. She let her tears go wild as she loudly sobbed, her feelings imploding all at once. Armin took his hands and caressed her hair, guiding for her to stand up with him.

"Let's go back to my room, you can stay with me today okay? I don't want you to be alone." Novia didn't argue one bit as she stood up and walked with Armin to his room. She was utterly drained from feeling disappointed. Putting herself in these situations was taking a toll on her being able to properly live her life.

As she entered Armin's room, she sat on his bed, using her sleeve to wipe her nose. Armin grabbed a tissue, handing it to her with a nervous smile.

"I won't be here for long...we have training soon and I can't miss it again..." Novia brought Armin's cloak closer to her as she gazed down at the floor, tears still falling into her lap. He sat down next to her, giving her back a light rub.

"One more day won't hurt...I'll cover for you. Just stay in here... I have a couple books you could read to take your mind off things." Novia leaned up to fix her gaze on Armin. his sweet gesture made her feel appreciative there was always that one person she could count on no matter what.

"Thank you," She faintly smiled and he reached over with his forefinger to wipe her tear away. "No one's worth your tears Novia, you're so strong....and I believe you can make it past this." Armin reassured her with the slight glint shimmering in his eyes, intuitively knowing she was being hurt by an outside source. He was just always so positive, so optimistic. Novia hugged him tightly as if she never wanted to let go.