Ch. 27

Thanks everyone for making me feel better about all the current hate comments I'm getting, I'm trying to just ignore it instead and focus on all the positive ones.....

On a lighter note;

Enjoy this lovely chapter!:)
Song Rec: "Drunk Texting" Chris Brown
.......

Novia sat a stool in between Eren and Hange, clasping a barely filled cup of water.... She gazed around to see all the drunken people slumped in their chairs, mostly old men with grey hair and a bunch of empty wine glasses spread across their tables. She thought it was strange they were in this state already, considering it was only nine o'clock.

Novia leaned down the line of the bar to check in with how everyone was currently feeling. They had only been sitting at the bar for about a half hour, but she was aware that as soon as they showed up, no one hesitated to indulge in a tremendous amount of alcohol. Like Connie predicted, Hange was the most plastered and in utter denial about it. Novia laughed as she went on and on about new experiments she wanted to try, even though...

They made completely no sense.

"Guys, we have an hour left....annndd I'm not feeling that drunk yet, so I got us a line of these shots, " Hange slurred cluelessly with twelve tiny shot glasses placed in front of her. She handed everyone two each. "No one drink them yet, I want to make a toast," She instructed. However, as soon as Sasha's were in her possession, she took them without reluctance... Novia and Eren eyed each other and snickered...she was definitely past the drunk mark if she was just downing them each like they were glasses of water.

"Sasha, what the hell, you were suppose to wait...we were going to do a cheers and take them together." Connie frowned.

"Well....so much for that," Hange said giving up, following Sasha's actions by taking the shots just a quick.

"Oh yeah.....sorry, I forgot to wait," Sasha shrugged, following with a small hiccup and her hand covering her mouth to supress the urge to vomit. Novia looked down at the two shots put in front of her with skepticism...The more she stared at them intently, the more tempting it got to take them. She was doing her best to ignore the reckless urges to drink, but it was hard with everyone around her having fun drinking. Eren noticed Novia's anxiousness as she shifted uncomfortably in her chair while glaring at the alcohol.

"Don't worry Novia, two shots aren't going to seriously do anything. Might get you buzzed but it won't get you at a Hange or Sasha level.....," He said, putting his hand on Novia's shoulder and giving her a reassuring smirk. " Besides....They must've had around ten of those...at least," He added pointing in their direction.

Novia suddenly peered over to see Hange trying to down as many shots as she could now, Connie attempting to cut her off and take them away from her. Sasha was holding herself up on the table with her hand relaxing under her chin, trying to stop herself from passing out. Jean was too busy putting the moves on the bartender to even notice....

"Yeah, I guess you're right. I mean I know it won't get me drunk.....that's not really what I'm worried about." She gave Eren a paranoid expression, hesitant on telling him the truth about her previous drinking problem. "I-I just don't want it to trigger me into drinking consistently, I'm scared I won't be able to stop If I start." She hinted.

Eren finally caught on to her inferences, "Its oka-"

"Novia! Move your arm Hange's about to grab your shots!!" Connie yelled, cutting Eren off. Before Novia could even process his warning, Hange snagged the shots from her and ingested them swiftly.

"Hange, I said you're cut off! You literally just gave those to Novia two seconds ago and then took them back," Connie annoyingly said, getting a napkin to clean up the liquor Hange spilled on herself in the process of yanking the shots away.