Ch. 13

Plz vote lovelies I still hope you're enjoying the story!

xoxoxoxoxo 

.......

After hours of searching for Mikasa's scarf, eventually everyone had to go sleep....Novia and Armin were the only ones still awake helping her look. Armin appeared like he was about to pass out from exhaustion, his eyes slowly closing as he walked. Novia noticed this.

"Armin, its okay go to sleep...I'll stay up helping Mikasa look," Novia weakly smiled, giving Armin a reassuring look. He shook his head, not giving in just yet.

Mikasa stopped in her tracks. She was walking in front of them and turned around..

"Why don't the both of you go to sleep....we've been looking all night, please get some rest. I appreciate everything, seriously. Plus, right now it's probably best you leave me alone..I'm just not feeling...myself" She said glumly eyeing the floor, tears forming in the corner of her eyes. 

"Are you sure Mikasa, I'm okay to keep going." Armin said while adding a yawn, obviously pushing past his limit. Novia nodded in agreement. 

"I'm sure....we have training tomorrow, so I'm gonna go back to my room too.... I don't really have a choice. It'll be hell if we all wake up with no energy. Thanks again for your help. Goodnight." she forced a little smile, it faded away immediately the moment she turned around. 

Novia and Armin exchanged concerned looks... 

Either way, Novia was going to stay up anyways. Just the thought of not knowing where the scarf was gave her anxiety, so there would be no difference if she sat in her room or kept searching for it. 

"You think she'll be okay?" Armin asked, eyes still gazing down the hall where Mikasa just left.

"Honestly," Novia took a breath. "I'm not sure." 

Armin moved closer to Novia, giving her a hug that she eagerly returned, holding him tightly. They both sighed heavily. 

"Well....I guess I'm off to bed then. First thing tomorrow after training we have to look until we find it. No breaks, okay?" Armin said sternly. It sounded like he was trying to convince himself more than Novia really. 

"Yeah, absolutely. Goodnight Armin.." She let go of embrace as they departed down opposite ways of hall. There would be no need, Novia was determined to find the scarf, tonight. Even if it killed her.

......

After another hour of going rogue, Novia decided to change into her nightgown to feel a bit more comfortable. As she was leaving her room to go on the hunt again, she heard a noise echo throughout the halls. She knew she wasn't afraid of being caught, considering this time she wasn't really doing anything wrong, except for just being out. Plus, she didn't care even if she did get punished. It was all for Mikasa. When any of her friends were in distress, nothing else mattered. 

"We need to stop meeting like this," a voice said and Novia jumped, turning around to see a shirtless Eren, smirking. Her eyes trying to look anywhere else but the captivating abs attached to his lean body. 

"Why are you up this late?" He said, eyeing her suspiciously. Eren didn't want it to be a repeat of the last time she was caught roaming the halls. Just the thought of that being a possibility irked him.

"I could ask you the same thing." Novia replied still scanning the floor. 

"I'm right here ya know...," he chuckled. "My eyes aren't down there." 

"I know that....ju-just your shirtless, go put some clothes on," Novia slowly moved her head up to meet Eren's gaze. His long hair was damp and he had a towel on his shoulder. God he looked heavenly..