Ch. 34

Thank you to all the people who have stuck
with me through this entire process. ❤️Ily
Know I will never give up on this story. 

Even if it takes a long time, I'm still here. I still read every comment and every like.

****

It had been weeks since Novia heard from the captain besides basic training. Ever since she said she would be at his office and didn't show up it was like she was constantly on edge. She was waiting for him to come at her any moment being completely furious. 

For some reason after having sex with Ymir and Historia, she had somewhat gained her self-confidence again that Eren and Levi had destroyed. She believed she could rise above the hurt they caused her in similar ways. It was more emotional than the trauma Floch had caused. Both Eren and Levi had wanted to access her trust and make Novia feel that comfort and safety, before ripping it away completely. 

Something about being left in solitude allowed Novia to look at things in a new perspective, her thoughts floating in all sorts of directions. What she found a little skeptical was the fact Floch had come to her room unannounced that same night she slept with Eren. Could it be a coincidence the next day Eren had downplayed what they did together? Did Floch have something to do with it? Or was she just trying to come up with any excuse to deny the fact Eren could be that ruthless?

Novia sat in her room filled with her thoughts, anxious she was going to hear a knock on her door, or just have it busted open widely. The captain was still someone to watch. He may be quiet now, but knowing him....he has a few tricks up his sleeve when it comes to Novia. 

"I don't want to sit here in fear anymore," she barely whispered under her breath. Maybe she should just go talk to Levi and ask why she hasn't been reprimanded for her intense disobedience. The anxiety inside was killing her. She stood up from her bed, glancing in the mirror at her appearance. Her blue eyes were plastered with a desperate longing, one that wanted to have closure for herself. 

In an instant Novia was on her feet, leaving her room and rushing down the hall to the captain's office. Life was too short to internalize the choice she made. Ultimately, this is what she chose to do. She chose to walk away from Levi. She chose to lie to him and go be with Eren instead. So now it was time to face her demons instead of being cornered like a dog in her room. 

As she approached his office door Novia's confidence suddenly vanished. It was day one all over again, living the first day she got punished. It was too late to back out. She looked down to see her hands weren't catching up with her thoughts. There she was already knocking with her trembling fist. 

"Captain I need to speak with you urgently." She cleared her throat, not trying to sound too terrified. What happened to just ignoring them both? The presence of Levi for some reason drew her in consistently, regardless if she hated him or not. 

There was something....a certain aspect that no matter how hard she tried or what had happened she still couldn't stay away from him. She hated this had become an obsession of wanting to know his feelings and mind. Heck he had never even kissed her, so she questioned why it meant so much.

"Come in." He said with a calm voice. Novia stood there for a minute, leaning her forehead against the door. She breathed in a sigh, forcing herself to twist the knob and march her feet one by one. 

As she stepped in, what had felt like forever she finally made eye contact with him. He was sitting in his desk, seemingly unbothered doing paperwork. Those grey eyes had a hold on her, they were temptingly terrifying, yet captivating simultaneously. Novia knew she had to get a grip on what her reality was. All she was to him is a puppet, and she was over him playing puppet master.