Ch. 5

Dusk fell the next day as Novia prepared to make her departure, she was nervous because she hadn't done something like this in a long time.

It was quiet, so quiet you could hear a pin drop...She knew she was walking on thin ice. Novia slipped out of her room through the darkness, paranoid she was going to get caught.

She didn't want blow off Ymir or show that she couldn't handle being rebellious, she had too much pride so she forced herself to keep going.

Her heart was beating rapidly as she got closer and closer to the doors of the building. So close, but yet so far.

Almost in the blink of an eye she started hearing footsteps, she scurried down the hall.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck," she mumbled to herself. Her boots making loud sounds as she walked. She was certain the person down the hall heard her because they started moving at a faster pace than before.

She turned down a random corner, not following the way back to her room. She just focused on losing whoever was following her. All of a sudden it was quiet again. Novia sighed a breath of relief.

Novia stood there for another minute or two, deciding if she should keep trying to sneak off with Ymir and Reiner, or just bail on the whole plan entirely.

"Don't be a pussy, just go." She reassured herself.

As soon as she turned back around, Eren was standing there, leaned up against the wall with his arms crossed. He knew she was there the whole time, so he moved in silence to catch her by surprise. It definitely caught Novia off guard.

"Going somewhere Novia?" He grinned, knowing he caught her red handed. Novia was grateful it wasn't Commander Erwin or Captain Levi, but she wasn't thrilled about it being Eren either.

"I couldn't sleep, so I decided to take a little walk around till I was tired..." She fake yawned. "As you can see it worked so if you don't mind I'll be on my way." She nervously laughed.

"Liar." He whispered getting closer to her.

"Maybe I should tell the Captain of this stunt you're trying to pull...see if he believes your cute story." 

"No Eren, Please please don't." Novia panicked. If she got in trouble with the captain again, god knows what he would do to her this time.

Not only that, but she knew if she tried to lie again, Levi would see right through it like he always does. 

On the flip side, if she told the truth Ymir and Reiner would get in trouble too. She didn't want to sell them out.

"Okay I won't."

She sighed alleviating her anxiety, although she was suspicious of how easily he gave into her wishes.

She narrowed her eyes at him, questioning his intentions.

"IF......." he continued. Novia knew there was going to be a catch.

She gestured for him to spit it out, preparing herself for the worst requisition...

"You come hang out with me in my room for a little bit." Novia looked at him suspiciously again. That's it?

"That's it, just hangout with you?" She repeated to give clarity to the words coming out of Eren's mouth. That wasn't the request she was expecting.

"Just hangout with me." He confirmed.

"Fine." She agreed.

She looked at Eren to lead the way, he smiled and moved his arm signaling for her to follow close behind him.