Ch. 28

Look y'all I know there was suppose to be smut, but I want it to be perfect...so I just decided to make that its own chapter entirely, otherwise I feel like it'd be half-assed.

Still trying to just ignore mfs and not drive myself insane... so please don't be mad, I will deliver some litty smut, I just need some time

Enjoy!

Song Rec: Why are you Here - MGK (seriously this fits so good.)

.......

"W-what are you doing here captain?" Novia asked nervously from the ground, her eyes looking up at the captains shadow. He stood there with his jaw clenched and arms crossed.

"Heard you guys all went out, so I wanted to check up and see how it was going." His snippy tone made Novia turn her face into a frown. Why does it seem like he's getting annoyed with her already? Levi approached her in the first place, he didn't have to engage in conversation at all, yet here he was choosing to. He didn't need to make it seem like it was such an inconvenience to be speaking.

Levi turned his head slowly, glancing at the carriage. "Saw Hange passed out in the carriage... can't wait to deal with that tomorrow." He huffed facetiously, shifting his weight from one foot to the other. Levi eyed Novia exceedingly... Even in complete darkness she could sense his grey sleight eyes only focusing on her trembling body language.

She was already rattled by the ideas of imagining him with Petra, so she couldn't help but have the temptation to bring it up...While semi-biting her tongue, Novia danced around the fact that she knew he was doing some sneaking around. "I'm a little surprised you showed up....I was under the impression you had plans with.....um....... other people." Novia mumbly spoke, clearing her throat.

She realized her words came out a little too defensive and obvious, so she tried to soften her accusing blow. "I mean, not that it matters...just, I didn't expect to see you here is all." Novia stood up from the ground, trying to casually dust off her dress without having Levi detect her passive aggressiveness.

"Oh really? Seems like it does matter to you, considering you're bringing it up..." Levi took a step closer, Novia simultaneously backing up again, trying to keep the unsolid distance at a more reasonable length. "No! I really don't care at all....just, you came out of nowhere." She lied.

"My plans wrapped up early, so here I am...but more importantly, why are you out here by yourself?...." He took a long pause, getting even closer to her to the point where he could tediously scope out her full appearance in the moonlight. "And in that dress?" He added, rolling his eyes to deflect his aroused curiosity.

"First of all, I needed some air...so I came out here to take a breather from the stuffy bar. And second of all, I just wanted to look nice, is that so off putting to you??...geez." A sudden switch triggered inside her. "You know what....I can't even deal with this right now." She turned to walk away from him.. Novia's patience was running thin due to Levi's suffocating interrogations. He and Eren with this egotistical exterior they carried was starting to wear her out. She didn't understand why the captain was engaging in this type of inappropriate conversation.

He was the one who constantly pushed her away.... Over and over again. The bipolar cycle of wanting to be overly invasive to stone cold silence was affecting Novia poorly within her mental state. Was he not aware she had feelings too? She was her own person, but the more she stuck around in the middle of chaos, the less convinced she was of this.

As she started to move her feet in the opposite direction, she realized she didn't have a game plan on where exactly she was going. She decided a small walk to avoid Levi was the best option, however....Levi had other plans. As his eerily silent footsteps followed closely, Novia picked up her pace to disengage from his confrontation. She heard him give a sinister chuckle behind her, clearly he was amused by how easily he got under her skin.