Ch. 24

Song Rec while reading: "Heartless"  The Weekend

Enjoy!!

....

Novia was completely and utterly overwhelmed with fear.... Her body frozen to the fact that both Erwin and Levi were staring at her with a vigorous amount of intimidation. She didn't say anything, her anxiety wouldn't allow it. How would she explain this to them?

Thankfully Eren wasn't here or else that would've looked even worse for both of them. Plus, He's been in a cell way too many times because of her, he didn't need another reason to be locked up again.

"What. Are. You. Doing. Here....." Levi's said, his eyes were in a firing rage, yet his tone of voice obtained a slight control. Erwin shut the door and was standing right next to him now, showing he was just as upset. Maybe Levi's voice was so calm because he didn't want to seem irritable to the commander although Novia could tell he wanted to snap any second.

"I-I don't, r-really have an answer..."She trailed, still sitting on the floor with the papers in her hands. Erwin walked over to her and snatched them up harshly. "How could you not have an answer Novia..... did I or did I not tell you Levi was absent from his quarters, so whatever the reason you're in here... certainly does not pertain to speaking with him," Erwin gritted, Novia flinched to the sound of his booming voice, terrified of the consequences that were awaiting her. 

He turned his attention to Levi's papers, eyeing them to see the level of confidentiality they acquired. After vividly scanning them, he was even more mad. "Did you read all of this?" He yelled.

"No sir, I just accidently brushed them with my elbow and they fell to the ground, I was just picking them up. I didn't look I swear." Novia raised both arms, hoping they'd show mercy to her explanation. She didn't read them at all, that was the truth. All she was doing was cleaning them up.

"You are such a dumbass.." Levi rolled his eyes, stomping across the room. He snatched Novia by her braid, tugging at it. "Stand up," He demanded. Novia felt the sharp pain on her scalp. She gripped Levi's arm to try and pull it away, but it was no use. As she fully stood up, the pain eased a little.

Levi eyed Erwin, waiting for him to give incentive on what Novia's punishment should be. Erwin eyed her carefully, thinking of what punishment what suit her lack of following the rules..

"Levi, word has it you have a whip am I wrong?" He said, raising one of his thick brows.

"Tch.... And who told you that?" Levi replied, mirroring Erwin's indicating expression.

"Hange." Levi rolled his eyes. Big mouth. Levi now understood where Erwin was going with this...Levi took an inhale, closing his eyes. Why did Novia has to be so stupid? Why did she have to come in here and cause trouble? A part of him felt accountable for Novia's stupidity. She was probably acting out because he had hurt her feelings.

But still, coming and snooping in his office was a serious offense. Levi gazed at Novia, who was still trembling and trying to loosen his hand that was clinging to her hair to hold her in place. He already knew what Erwin had in mind... and since it was Levi's whip, he was probably going to make him do it.

Levi didn't want to whip Novia, at least not right now. He still felt a slight sympathy to her because of what she went through with Floch, and with him. She was probably trying to seem like she was withstanding all of it. But, he saw through her eyes it was all a facade, she was still hurting. He didn't want to give her another reason to hate him.

"Erwin...I know what you're thinking and before you make a permanent decision I'd like to discuss something with you......in private." Levi timidly requested. Erwin nodded his head unenthusiastically, gesturing for him to take Novia to the other room.