Ch. 2

Those were the longest ten minutes of my life, Novia thought. She knew the captain was harsh with everyone but she didn't understand what triggered him so much in that particular moment.

Why did he have Annie ferociously attack her like that? 

She spent the rest of the evening in the infirmary thinking about what had happened earlier, wincing everytime she changed positions. She had bruises along her arms and legs, her knuckles covered with bandages and she could feel the swelling of her lip. 

She decided after dinner she would approach Levi in his quarters to try and understand his cruel behavior.

Novia definitely did not want to be on the captain's bad side, he'd make her life a living hell. 

The dinner atmosphere was quiet and sulky for Novia, everyone had witnessed what happened to her in the field earlier so she tried to avoid drawing anymore attention to herself, staying quiet as her friends conversed, Armin on her right hand side. 

"Hey, how are you feeling?" The concern in Armin's voice was apparent, but he didn't want to push as he could tell in Novia's eyes she was in a delicate state. 

"I'm okay now, I just never want people to see me like that ever again," embarrassment taking over Novia's voice. 

"Everyone has their days.. I'm sorry that happened Novia, but on the brightside you took that beating like the badass you are, don't feel bad." Armin knew Novia like the back of her hand. He was her closest friend, no one else had a special bond like they did. 

"I appreciate you trying to cheer me up, I just want to know why the captain got so angry with me." 

"Are you going to ask him?" 

"Yeah I think I'll go in a bit, I'm almost done with my soup." Novia looked up and caught Eren examining her wounds. 

"Stop looking at them.........p-please just don't." Novia's eyes getting glossy as she broke their gaze, she had always been able to hold her own when it came to fighting, that's why she joined the Survey Corps in the first place. To prove to herself she was tough and brave enough for this job. 

"You must have done something real awful to have the captain that pissed off." Eren mumbled, she could tell he was testing her patience.

Her relationship with Eren was always wishy washy. Some days Eren's tempers would just get so out of control he'd be rude and brush Novia off, while other days he'd act as if nothing happened and converse with her like he would anyone.

This confused Novia so she kept her distance, she didn't have enough patience to deal with the behavior he radiated and he knew that. That's why she also had a certain respect for Mikasa, that woman could deal with anything Eren threw at her. 

"Eren.... don't make her feel worse." Mikasa replied, pity in her eyes. Novia tried to brush off the expression but this just infuriated her more.

Novia excused herself from the table and took her dishes with her, putting them in one of the bins. She couldn't deal with the staring any longer so she started heading down the hallway to Captain Levi's office. 

She knocked on the door, nervously waiting. She had never been in the captain's office before or even alone with the captain at all. Everything about him was intimidating, so she avoided speaking with him one on one. Sometimes she even thought he was a little more intimidating than commander Erwin. 

"Enter," a familiar voice said. 

She opened the door to see Captain Levi sitting at his desk, examining the paperwork in front of him. 

He glanced up, a surprise in his eyes. He didn't expect to see that it was Novia. 

"Oi what is it Novia?" his clipped voice alone wanted to send Novia running out the door, but she knew she wouldn't stop thinking about the events earlier if she didn't get answers. 

"I have a question I need to ask you.." Novia trailed. 

He gestured for her to continue, clearly annoyed she wasn't just getting straight to the point already. 

"I need to know why you were so harsh with me earlier? during training." 

"Because....you deserved it." he said bluntly.

"What the hell....but why??" Novia's voice raising an octave. She was genuinely confused on what she did to deserve getting the dog shit beaten out of her...

"I don't like being lied to, Good. I knew you were out of steam fighting Annie before I even asked, you just didn't want to admit you were past your breaking point." He raised an eyebrow, amused at the fear shown in her eyes.

"I didn't want to look weak in front of my captain." Novia argued...this was the first time she spoke out of term, astonished she was even having this conversation. 

"The fact you don't even acknowledge your actions makes you even more deplorable." 

"I'm confused on what you mean." She lied..... It finally clicked. Oh fuck the eye roll, she thought. She saw how the Captain could have misinterpreted her actions.

"I think you know exactly what I mean....you don't think I saw that eye roll you gave to me out in the field....and the way your tone of voice is with me right now proves you deserved what happened." 

"I'm sorry if it came across that way sir, I was frustrated with myself that's all." Her defense tone dissolving. Novia wasn't always aware of her facial expressions, she almost always hid what she was feeling from everyone, except she couldn't do it to the captain for some reason. He read her emotions like a book. 

"I should punish you right now for the way you spoke to me a second ago." his voice lowered. He got up from his desk and moved toward Novia, grey eyes locked with her baby blue ones. 

She backed up until she felt her back collide with the door, chills raking up and down her spine. Novia had no problem showing that she was afraid of the captain. There was something about him that twisted her stomach in knots.

"What..are you afraid of me Good?" He smirked, loving the effect he was giving off to Novia. She needs to know how to conduct herself properly and have honesty towards her captain. 

"N-no, I-im not," she lied through her teeth. Her brain wasn't catching up to the words that were coming out of her mouth. 

She knew that the captain wouldn't be happy with her response, but she didn't know how else to react.

"You're such a bad liar Good...I think I mentioned how I feel about that," he growled, getting closer and closer to her till about an inch or two of space was left in between them. 

"W-what are you going to do to, sir?" She knew she fucked up, but there was no taking it back now. 

His face got closer until his warm breath hovered over her ear. She flinched as he raised his arm above her head, resting against the door. 

"Oh... you're about to find out your punishment soon enough, follow me." he breathed. 

And with that Novia scurried behind him, anxiously waiting to find out what she was about to endure. 

OOOOOO we getting a little spicy;) 

Hope you enjoy! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo