Ch. 26

SO close to 40k tysmmm ahhhh!

Appreciate it smm and with that here is a little gift!

Enjoy;)

Song rec. "Jealous" Nick Jonas

........

*One week later*

Novia meant what she said when she told the captain she was never speaking to him again outside of their duties. A week had gone by and the captain's attitude remained consistent as always. A guarded shell of assertiveness... Novia wasn't surprised of this, she figured he wouldn't give a shit about it at all. Novia would become a faint memory in his mind...

At this rate, he's probably moved on to the next girl he could bang and conquer. Who wouldn't want to sleep with the captain? I mean...it's captain Levi, someone would be an idiot not to accept the invitation.

Novia tried not to think about it as everyone was making their way back from a successful mission. She wanted to show joy in her face like everybody else was, but her mind was clouded with ridiculous observations. She brushed it off by plastering a forced smile onto her face. Maybe if she faked being happy, it would trick her mind into becoming happy for real.

Obviously Novia wasn't happy with the messy outcome of her and Levi, but she knew it was for the best....

"Hey Novia, c'mere a minute." Novia looked over to see a brightly smiling Connie.. She noticed he was always making the atmosphere of a room lighter. She noticed little details with all of her friends...Each one of them had special qualities she adored. She wondered what made her apart of that? What interesting qualities did she obtain? She shook her head in frustration...

She needed to stop thinking so negatively. Ever since Levi turned her life upside down, all she did was trap negativity in her mind.

"Whats up," She said with her hands in her pockets.

"Come to the bars with us tonight, we want to celebrate and we thought this would be perfect." Novia shifted her weight from each foot uncomfortably. She wasn't much of a drinker anymore....There was a certain point in her life where that's what she spent the majority of her time doing. She didn't want that side of her to unveil itself again. Now she had a new life, responsibilities. She couldn't afford to revert back to how she used to be.

"I dunno Connie..." She trailed.

"C'mon please? It's just going to be a handful of us." He pleaded, using a certain charm in his eyes to reel her in.

"Who's going?"

His face got excited as he saw the debate in Novia's eyes. "Well....It would be you, me, Sasha, Jean, Eren said maybe so I don't know for sure, Hange said she wanted to tag along-"

"Wait Hange's coming?" Novia laughed, cutting him off. She assumed this was going to be another situation where they were all breaking the rules again, but apparently not if they told Hange about it.

"Yeah, I mean they said it was fine as long as we're back by a certain time....they're probably sending Hange to babysit, but we all know that it's going to be the other way around," He hinted elbowing her.

"Yeah you're probably right." She chuckled, looking at the ground.

"So, you in?" He raised his eyebrows.

Novia stood there for a minute, trying to decide if she wanted to go. Yeah it was a fun way to hang out with everyone....and she didn't want to admit it, but she was very intrigued by the idea of being able to witness a drunk Hange.