8: "Guitar Lesson"

[Tina's P.O.V.]

After class, Calum, Ashton, and Michael kept reminding me to befriend Luke.

But it would be very awkward, I bet.

And so now I followed him. I thought he was going to the carpark, but he turned around and went in the school's music room.

I peeked by the door, seeing him grab a guitar and sat on a plastic chair. I look like a creepy stalker here though.

"Hey Luke," I called him to get his attention. He glanced at me, then looked back at the guitar.

"What do you want?" he asked, showing no emotions by the tone of his voice. I shuddered and just made my way in and sat in a seat adjacent from him.

"I thought you were gonna teach me how to play?" I asked him, trying to act amiable. He sighed in return.

"Aren't you going to tutor us?" he asked as his respond, maybe to shift the topic.

"Later in the afternoon, like duh it's lunch time."

"Oh sorry... it just went out of my mind." he shakes his head as he plucks the strings of the guitar.

"Well it's fine.. Do you want to teach me how to play the guitar now?" I pointed at the guitar. He chuckled a bit.

"You seem very enthusiastic, why?"

"Because it would be awesome to make music of my own," i smiled as I trailed my fingers along the frets of the guitar.

"Ahuh. Okay you just need to do this." he started strumming, a quite familiar tune. Was it Year 3000 or what?

"Wow I am starting to learn so much, thanks!" I said sarcastically, scrunching my nose as I stuck my tongue my tongue out.

"Jeez sorry, I'm not kinda a good teacher," he laughed, "You need to learn the chords first though."

He handed me the guitar. I carefully placed it on my lap as I hold on to it tight.

"Okay I'm ready to rock!" I exclaimed excitedly.

"Uhm, it's upside down." he laughed again then I flipped the guitar over.

"Sorry... so what's next?" I asked as he placed my fingers on the strings.

"That's the C chord, then the G, D, E and E minor, A and A Minor, F... Mostly those were the basic chords." he said after switching my fingers in every chord he mentioned.

"Got it. Then?" I asked as I tried to remember the chords he taught me.

"Try to strum the chords," he said. I nodded and then I sloppily and randomly plucked on the strings.

"Aha. I see i'm into metal rock!" I joked. He groaned and shook his head.

"Do this," he went around me, well particularly he's at my back now.

He held my hand by the guitar's neck to press on tight the strings according to the chord, also held my other hand and guided me to strum.

I felt uncomfortable as he rested his chin over my shoulder, and he held my hand. Jesus Christ.

"D, then G, E minor, and F." he said and I followed. He let go of my hand so I could freely change the chords by myself. But he kept holding the other hand to help me strum.

The guitar lesson was going well when we both heard our stomachs grumbling.

"Wanna go out for a bite? Cafeteria food sucks," he said in disgust and I nodded in agreement.

"You could say that again. There's a good diner a couple blocks away from school. Their burgers are to die for!" I licked my lips as the thought of food came into my mind.

"Great! We could invite the guys too, let's go!" he said happily as we stood up. I just noticed he was still holding my hand.

I coughed to get his attention, he turned around and I looked over at our hands.

"Sorry," he quickly retrieved his hand.

I just smiled and looked down, "Come on peasant, I'm starving!"

I jogged down the hallway, him doing the same to catch up.

"Last one to get to the room gets to treat lunch!" he yelled as he ran away.

Oh no you're not winning you asshole! I'm not treating anybody for lunch!

I hurriedly sprinted, eventually taking the lead as I saw his face shocked.

I stopped by the room, panting as I saw Hemmings running fast but paced down when he saw that I won.

"Goodness gracious, you two are finally here! I'm so hungry I could eat Michael!" Calum groans as he stood by the door with his hands on his hips.

"Let's go to the cafeteria shall we?" Ashton started to walk but Luke stopped him.

"We're having lunch at a place called Munch, it's a few blocks away from school." I said with a smile.

"My treat," Luke heaved out a sigh. If possible, I could see the sparkles from the three boys' eyes.

"Their burgers and pizzas are heavenly!" Michael said, holding his tummy as he bites his lower lip.

"I know so!" I high-fived with Mikey, laughing along.

"What are we waiting for? Va'manos!" Ashton shouted, imitating Dora.

"I hope you got your pockets ready Luke... because I think you're going to be broke. I tell ya," Calum winks and ran beside Ashton.

------

"Dawn!" I gasped as I saw my bestfriend, sitting alone in a table as we arrived at Munch.

"Christina!" Dawn went close me and gave me a hug.

"Who's she?"

"Seems familiar, Dawn I guess." I heard Michael and Calum whisper. I gestured them to find a table and order for food. They nodded and smiled.

I sat beside Dawn Johnson, "Why didn't you tell me you're back?"

"I was supposed to come over this evening at your house as a surprise. Look at you, you look so gorgeous! Praise to whoever changed you!" heh, unicorn.

"I know, I guess I wanted to change a bit." or was forced to.

Dawn went to Oklahoma for the past two months. She was one of our school's candidates for the student-exchange program.

I was supposed to join, but I'm too scared to be with another group of people who'll witness my nerdy side.

"Awesome... and by the way, how's Luke?"

------------------------------------
picture on the side, Jamie Sierota from Echosmith will play as Christina Hepburn because kewl xx 

Dedicated to @DevilsAngleD bc I know you're voting and all the love xx