9: "A Hint of Blue"

[Tina's P.O.V.]

"Tina!" I heard Luke calling me, he just got in the diner, "I bought a bottle of Pepsi from across the diner to-"

He stopped talking as he noticed the presence of the girl beside me. With wide eyes and agape mouth, he glanced over Dawn, "Luke!"

Dawn got up and gave Luke a tight squeeze.

Oh I forgot, they both had a crush on each other since the first day of high school. Apparently, Luke got attracted at her for a good deed she did. If it was really her.

I don't know why Luke hasn’t asked her to be his girlfriend yet. Well he can't right now because I'm his girlfriend, forced girlfriend  actually. Because we were both forced into this.

"Dawn, you returned? Why didn't you tell me? I miss you," I see Luke sinking his head on Dawn's shoulder as he hugged her tight.

My mood suddenly dampens and I hated what I'm witnessing right now. It seems like I don't belong here, like I usually do, so I stood up and went over to the guys.

"Was that Dawn?" Michael asked as I took a seat beside Ashton.

"Yeah, it was Dawn Johnson! Luke's longtime crush." Ashton said, taking a bite on his cheeseburger.

"That's why she looked familiar, she already came back? I thought the student-exchange program last for two more months?" Calum asked. I handed him the plate of baked mac he was reaching for.

"Maybe they're on some school break or something. We don't know that since we aren't in Oklahoma." Michael answered with a sassy tone. Calum glared in exchanged and snatched the cupcake Mikey was munching on.

I sighed and took a slice of pizza. Why am I feeling so down all of a sudden?

"I smell jealousy here," Ashton poked the side of my tummy. I glared at him and kicked his leg.

"Where? All I smell is food and cheese," Michael started sniffing.

Calum groaned and smacked Michael's back, "He's talking about Tina."

"What?" I asked confused. Deny as you may, Hepburn.

"Oh I see... Christina Hepburn is jealous." Michael smirked, I felt him nudging my foot underneath the table.

"What the f, no! It's just that, she's my bestfriend... yet she misses Luke more than she misses me." I shook my head. But their smirks seem to be staying on their lips.

"No, what you really want to say is, 'It's just that, she's my bestfriend... yet they both like each other and I love Luke'." Calum said in a horrible imitation of a girly tone, trying to copy mine even.

"You dork, I don't! I'm just trying to be friends with Luke now, right? It's totally okay with me if they like each other, and to be honest I even know that since like years ago." I rolled my eyes and kept on nibbling at my slice of pizza.

"Don't worry Tina, you're his girlfriend!" Ashton smiled and patted my head.

"Yeah I am, but we don't feel anything for each other." I said, feeling my mind disagree, but ignored it anyway. I heaved out my hundredth sigh today.

"Wrong! Luke is starting to like you Hepburn!" Michael pounded the table and pointed at me.

"Yes he is!" Calum supported him and they both bro-fisted.

"No, you're both wrong. Dawn is back and Luke likes Dawn. Dawn likes Luke too. I'm just some fake girlfriend or something." I folded my arms and sneered at them.

"Wrong again Hepburn, Dawn will be going back to Oklahoma in a few weeks time. Luke will see you and be with you everyday, you still have a chance. Lukina ship isn't going down bitches!" Ashton exclaimed and did bro-fisting too with Calum and Michael.

"It's unfair because it's three versus one... but still Dawn and Luke must be your ship, forget Lukina." I said hiding a hint of annoyance and a tiny bit of hurt in my tone.

"Nope. Lukina is our OTP. Dawn is just a hoe who needs to go back to Oklahoma to be forgotten." Calum nodded, his features determined like he was on mission.

"Don't call her a hoe! She's still my bestfriend!" I kicked Calum's leg beneath.

"Hey guys," we looked at whose voice belonged that to. We saw Luke and Dawn standing beside us, all lovey-dovey with cheesy smiles.

"Speaking of the hoe," Michael whispered.

"Who's the hoe?" Luke asked.

Damn you Michael Gordon Clifford.

"I-i just miss Christmas! HOHOHO!" Michael tried to laugh like Santa. There you go, you liar.

"Ha, okay then." Luke tapped Michael's shoulder, "is there a space for us two?"

I looked away. I think Ashton sees the frown forming in my lips, and then he sent me some kind of an ok signal. "Yes there is Luke. We're going back to the campus now, pay up. And enjoy the company with Ms. Johnson." Ashton grabbed me by my hand and dragged me towards the exit.

"Yeah, c'mon Calum," Michael grabbed a plastic bag and placed the left-over food in it, dragging Calum too with us towards the car.

"Seriously guys, you're gonna leave me?" Luke stopped, grabbing my shoulder.

"I think you two need some time catching up with each other. Our presence isn't need." I faked a smile and we went in Calum's car.

-------

It was already afternoon. The weather was quite well, not too hot and was rather cloudy.

It would've been a good day. I got an A plus in Geometry and I got the usual compliments from teachers. But I feel like something's missing.

"Hey Tina!" Michael exclaimed running inside the library.

"Tina my bae!" Calum did the same too. I tried to hush them but it's too late. They caught everybody's attention already.

"Turn back to your works you dicks," Ashton hissed as everyone looked away, "'Sup my girl?"

They sat on the seats occupying around the table I'm in as I rolled my eyes at them.

"It's a library for Pete's sake, why do you have to be so noisy?" I scolded them, but they just laughed.

"If we weren't noisy, we wouldn't be ourselves." Calum winked then laughed.

"Jeez," I groaned, "Let's start the tutor session now shall we?"

I brought out the books. They did nothing and looked at me questionably.

"Where's Luke? I thought he said he'll be going here first?" Michael asked, grabbing his backpack to get his book.

"He did. But he asked me if he could skip today's lessons, he needs some time with Dawn." I replied without looking at them and skimmed through the book's pages.

"We already gave him his time with Dawn in Munch on lunch time! How many hours does he want?!" Ashton threw his head back in frustration.

"I'm so telling Ms. Everett about this!" Calum furrowed his eyebrows and folded his arms.

"It's okay guys, I understand him. He haven't seen Dawn for months, and plus Dawn is leaving sometime a few weeks later. Just let him," I looked through the window. Which I completely regretted, because I saw Luke having a laugh with Dawn while kissing her on her forehead.

The noise around me gradually decreases, as nothing filled my thoughts but pain and heart ache. This wasn't right. I thought I could hide this. I promised myself I'll never feel this way again..

Why is there some pain in my chest right now?

------------------------------------

dedicated to @JJ2125 bc you're voting i know thanks x