46 p.2: "A Whole Lot of Awkwardness"

[Tina's POV]

"Three more hours? That's like nine o'clock." Luke glances at the wall clock above the fireplace, mocking my worried expression. I can clearly see him bite back a smile. And I am trying to bite back a punch.

"Three more hours stuck with you." intentionally, I added in my head.

His lips finally gave in to a wide grin, his teasing gaze pinned on me. I rolled my eyes and sat on the couch.

Wow this was boring. No one here but Luke and I. No television. No Skittles. No junk foods. Just a whole lot of awkwardness.

"I can see you're bored." Luke states the obvious as he sits by me. He inches closer, his knees almost touching mine. I glared at him. "You want to make out again?"

My eyes go wide and I scoffed at this. "First and foremost, it was a little peck, also initiated by you. Just because you got lucky and stole a kiss doesn't mean we're cool, Hemmings. I won't hesitate landing another punch at you." I smirk as he reaches to dab the bruise on his left eye.

Of course, I wasn't dumb enough to let him savage my lips. Does he think I'm that type of girl? God, I'm pissed off again by that thought.

He sticks out his bottom lip in a pout while I continue to eye him with disgust. "Come on, I know you liked my lips on yours." he sends me a wink and I cringe.

"I think I liked my fist on your eye better." I gave him a lopsided smile before standing up, making my way towards the opened door leading to the porch.

"Do you want to try out the outdoor jacuzzi?" he whispers out of nowhere, making me jump in surprise. He laughs at this and I glare at him. Goodness, is this dude high?

"Why do you keep following me?" I asked.

"Why won't I?" he counters playfully.

I rolled my eyes once more and made careful steps through the marble walkway. The sun has already set and left a single streak of warm orange and light pink on its ebony sheet of stars. The path was illuminated by lamp poles in every meter. I admire how the crickets made a familiar yet relaxing rhythmic tune.

The green field seems to stretch for miles. I could see the horse stables a few meters away, even hear the horses' whinnying. Surely, the outdoor jacuzzi was only a stone's throw away. I could hear the water gurgling; feel the steam warming my senses. Now it seems surely inviting.

I stepped up the cemented steps and see the blue water humming with heat. Luke was still behind me. By my peripheral vision, I see him taking off his shirt.

Am I seriously considering plunging into the water with him? And note it, with fewer clothes than usual?

While I contemplated my life decisions, Luke stepped in the water in only his black boxers. I stifle a gasp at the sight of his body. Well, I could say I've seen it before. But that was in 8th grade, when he was still scrawny. And now, his body was fit, toned properly even.

I mentally slap myself for eyeing his body and averted my eyes. Luckily, he didn't see me ogling. He just smiled at me and invited me in.

Do I do the same? The water was sure refreshing, and if the other girls and boys were here, I wouldn't even hesitate. But it's just Luke here. It'd be weird if I plunge in the water with all my clothes on, right?

I take off my denim jacket and pants, leaving me in my tank top and God- panties. I'm glad the darkness of the night somehow concealed the tinge of red on my cheeks. I honestly felt Luke's eyes on me, making me conscious and anxious at the same time.