39: "The Despair"

[Kirby's POV]

Tina has changed.

She was now cold. She seldom smiles and laugh. She prefers to be alone. And what's surprising is- she's starting to fail her grades.

I look beside me, the empty chair that Tina sits on in English. She didn't show up again. She's been cutting classes ever since last week's incident.

I couldn't really blame her. It broke me to see how fragile she was. Who wouldn't be pissed and depressed when the guy you love not only played with your feelings again, but also decided to get away from your life?

Luke was shocking, to be honest. If Tina was being secluded, he acted like nothing happened. He's been throwing parties for a week straight now. Worst, he was spotted messing around with many girls.

That must be why Tina didn't hang around in school anymore. Who would have had the heart to see the guy who broke your heart kissing other girls? That he enjoys himself? That while she was bawling her eyes out, he was out there getting drunk and maybe shagging a girl or two?

It was unfair to Tina. I wanted to punch him. I was very disappointed at Luke. Calum, Ashton, Michael, and I were very disappointed at him.

We have been camping at Tina's house, as we see that she needs us more than ever. She may have cried less, but she remained silent. We loss the talkative nerd who brought lights to our live. Her light burned out, by one person's merciless cold blow.

I tilted my head to face Calum behind me. We were also affected by Tina's bleak mood, but it couldn't be any better to share your friend's pain. We hoped that at least in that manner, the weight on her shoulders would subside. Such a poor girl with the weight of the world on her. She doesn't deserve this.

"Cal, we really need to talk to Tina. This is not right. She shouldn't keep on sulking around and missing classes." I whispered at him.

He lifted his gaze from the blank piece of paper, heaving out a deep sigh. "I know. But what can we do? Luke can't even fucking acknowledge how much he broke her, nor he can even ask for forgiveness. Why is he such an asshole?" he says with pure disappointment in his eyes.

I chuckled and shook my head. "Even if he asks for forgiveness, Tina wouldn't forgive him."

"It hurts to see her that way. We don't know how to help her." Calum says, the frown not ever vanishing from his face.

One good thing at least came out of this misery. I found out that these assholes I once abhorred -except Luke because I definitely still abhor him- are true friends. I thought they were just messing around with Tina. But they were the most genuine friends you can have, helping Tina throughout the week. They didn't even bother to ask her to tutor them, and just studied on their own.

I remember a sudden detail and blurted out. "On the other note, Mr. Carson will announce the winning pairs today."

Calum suddenly gave me a sly wink. "You think you and Michael won it?"

"Fuck off," I rolled my eyes and shifted back to my proper position.

Somehow, I hoped that Tina and the guys could get on that trip. Not because it would be at a grand pavilion with exciting activities, but it could also mean a great escape.

Only, if Tina would come, then Luke will also have too.

I was consumed by guilt. This was all my fault. If I hadn't thought about the Couple Act, Tina wouldn't hurt herself this much. She was already hurting, and I was too foolish to go along with these three buffoons plan to get them back together.