23: "Kirby the Wimp"

[Tina's POV]

"Let's run?" Luke asked. We were already 20 minutes late, and we just got here.

"Let's race to it." I dared. He nodded with a confident smirk, then there we started sprinting off.

English class, I'm glad our English teacher isn't that strict whenever someone's late. I think he doesn't care at all when a student doesn't show up in his class. "It's your loss anyway," he would say.

Luke was ahead of me. But then what he'd never learn is that I could always catch up. As we made our turn to the 21st room, I sprinted faster and finished first. We were both panting, still hiding behind the door.

Sweat trickles down my forehead. I took Luke's sleeve and wiped my face with it. He chuckled and smacked my back playfully.

"You lost again, Hemmings." I said proudly.

"You should join track and field, Hepburn." he answered. We both laughed only audible to ourselves, then walk slowly towards the classroom.

"Good morning sir," We said in unison. Mr. Greg and the rest looked at us, silence filling in the room.

"We're sorry we're late-"

"Just get in both of you." he cuts off.

Luke covered his side of face and rolled his eyes. I laughed and poked his shoulder, motioning him to go in.

He sat on a vacant chair beside Ashton. I caught Calum looking at me, pointing at an empty chair infront of him. I looked at the guy sitting beside the empty chair.

Oh shit, Kirby Benson? He looks way more hot now than he was in sophomore. Why did he come back?

I smirked at Calum and headed towards the seat. "Is this seat taken?" I asked.

Kirby glanced at me and smiled. "No, you may take it."

He's soooooo good-looking. The way his chestnut brown hair swept off to the side, his hazel eyes shimmering brightly, his smile making everyone want to bow down before him. Hmmm, maybe seeing other guys wasn't a bad idea after all.

"Thanks," I flashed a smile back. I placed my bag on the chair and sat comfortably.

Before settling on my seat, I saw Luke looking at me. Or maybe at Calum, who knows. He had one eyebrow cocked up.

I pay no attention to his stare and faced Kirby with a smile still etched on my lips. "You must be Kirby Benson right?"

"Yes, Kirby the wimp as they'd say." he chuckled softly.

"You don't look like the wimp you used to before. You're one fine lad," I said playing with an accent.