40: "Words Do Hurt"

oi. changed my username from @WhimsicalAuthorE to whimsicaIity (the L is a capital i)

---

[Kirby's POV]

"That is foolish Mr. Carson! I refuse so! I do not want to go on a trip with Luke fucking Hemmings!" Tina yells at Mr. Carson, her face was clearly fuming with the mix of annoyance and anger.

The boys and I were holding her back now, because as soon as the class ended, Tina pretty much went up to almost choke Mr. Carson to death.

Luke also seemed uncomfortable. He kissed the redhead right infront of Tina before he sent her out. He was now sitting on a chair behind us, unusually quiet.

"Watch your language, Christina. The decision I made cannot be change. Aren't you happy with a good promise on your grade and a grand trip?" Mr. Carson continues to calm Tina down, repeatedly making her feel better about the trip, but by time she just fumes much worse.

"Well that sounds good, except I'd have to go with Luke fucking Hemmings!" she shouted and tried to writhe against our hold, her hands desperate to seek justice.

"Tina, calm down. Let's talk about this normally. Please," Calum coos in a low voice, gently tucking her hair in the right place. "Luke hears all of what you're saying right now." he adds in a whisper.

"I don't care about that manwhore!" she threw her venomous look at the boy behind us, gazing with much hate and disgust that we could actually see Luke shivering in his seat. "I fucking don't care anymore." she says, her voice cracking at the end that made me crack inside too.

I can't help but curl up in pain. Tina became valuable to me just in a short time we've properly met, and I felt really protective of her that if I weren't stopping her to commit murder against our teacher, I'd commit murder myself. Against this manwhore that broke her heart.

Luke recovered from her evil glare, coughing and putting his prior smug on. "Well, I see there's no reason for me to even 'like' the company with you." he spats out.

Ashton retrieves his grip from Tina's arm and pushes Luke on his chest. "What the heck, man? Can't you stay put and learn to zip your mouth?" he says through gritted teeth.

The once friends share intimidating stares. I honestly could feel the tension, and if I weren't a friend, I'd run away and leave them with their own glooms. But instead, I stay and encapsulate Tina with my arms.

"Are you kidding me? You let her fucking say bad stuffs about me and I don't get to say anything back?" Luke responds to Ashton's push with a harder one, nearly making Ashton tumble down. Ashton may be well-built, but Luke has an advantage on his height.

Michael rushes to Ashton's aid and helped him up, scowling at his blond friend with much revulsion. "You were the one who broke her."

Luke unexpectedly laughs, shaking his head in a teasing way. "God, I don't fucking care!"

Tina lets out a deep breath and gets back on thrashing again, now aiming for Luke. "You son of a bitch!"

"HEMMINGS AND HEPBURN! Calm down will you? Your potty mouths be zipped, now! Is there any personal issues I'd like to know of?" Mr. Carson breaks off the tension between them, standing in between the two parties with a stern look.

"None interesting." Luke snaps, gaining a furious glare from Tina.

If Tina wasn't about to rip Luke to shreds, which I don't mind if it wasn't illegal, I will punch him myself. The hurt in Tina's eyes were undeniable, she's clearly holding it all in and not allow herself to shred a single tear.

"Please, don't let me go on this trip. Don't let me goddamn spend my time with this bastard." she pleads to Mr. Carson, her voice soft and fragile. Her eyes were now brimming with tears and I can't help but hug her tightly to ease the pain. But a hug couldn't deflect harsh words from the ones you love.

Mr. Carson's gaze softens. He steps closer to Tina, placing a hand on her shoulder. "Dear, I'm pretty sorry. But the arrangements are made. You're not the only two who'll spend time with each other after all, you could always hang out with the three other pairs of your choice. If it's any consolation, I'll let you pick the pairs you're comfortable with and disregard Luke's suggestions." he gives her a small smile, and somehow it lifted off some burdens from Tina's shoulders.

"Fucking unfair." Luke mumbles, but we don't pay any mind to him.

"Can I bring Kirby, Ashton, Calum and Michael then?" she asked, slightly calmed down. At least she wasn't thrashing much now. But I still held her tight on my arms.

"Of course you can. I'm going along with the trip anyway if you want to make sure that you and Hemmings, whatever the issue you have, will remain safe and sane under my supervision." Mr. Carson pats Tina's shoulder in a warm gesture. He smiled at her, and Tina forced a small smile back.

Luke lets out a grunt and rudely interrupted. "Wait, why can't I bring anyone of my own interest? Can I bring my girlfriend?"

"Which one?" Calum snaps, giving Luke the same old glare. Luke just rolled his eyes at him and pinned his attention back at Mr. Carson.

"I want Dawn with me." Luke demands in a slight whine, as if he was a five-year old.

How imprudent is he? Would he like to bring two murderers along with him?

I'm pretty sure Dawn will flip and kill Luke if she knows he's cheating behind her back. If Tina was outraged when they weren't even in a relationship, how shall Dawn handle the mess Luke made? I should prepare my funeral speech for Luke now, on how much I hate him and how I feel bad I wasn't the one who killed him.

Mr. Carson turns to face Luke, his face serious and slightly irritated. "Mr. Hemmings, I already sai-"

"-this is unfair! Tina gets to choose three pairs, why can't I choose at least one person?" Luke raises his voice, facing our Drama teacher with a disrespectful grimace.

"I already booked for thirteen persons only, Mr. Hemmings." Mr. Carson elaborates. But Luke didn't bother and sighed in exasperation.

"Find a solution! Or better yet, don't come with us." Luke says in a threat, stepping closer to Mr. Carson like he was just his level. "Well, if you want to keep your job anyway. You know how my parents could snap you off your job easily."

"Dumb move, man! Really? Threatening him with your parents' powers?" Michael exclaims in disbelief. He was purely disappointed at how his friend has turned. I genuinely wanted to turn his friend physically, to teach this shit a lesson.

"At least I'd get a little bit of what I want in here." Luke faces Michael with a menacing glower, very far from what he used to be. He was the worst of what he already is right now. "Because I know I don't want her."

I could feel Tina holding her breath, Luke's eyes meets her cold brown ones. Ashton landed a punch square on Luke's nose out of pure rage.

But it was too late.

Tina already lost the remaining little piece of her heart. Shattered, with simple words a sharp tongue could bring.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

goodness sake, i made luke such an asshole right now smh. i like the drama though MWAHAAHAH.

dedicated to @mxaningmess bc why not? tysm bae for the votes and read!

adieu dipshits xx