49: "The Get-back-Tina Plan"

[Luke's POV]

I sat uncomfortably at a bar stool infront of the minibar, chewing impatiently on my lip ring. My feet taps the floor nonstop, my fingers fidgeting as I tangle and untangle them together.

I already told Dawn. I told her I like Tina. Scratch that, I told her I love Tina. I was expecting her to either break my neck or smash my head onto the disco ball, but she smiled widely and told me she needed to talk to Tina.

She told I should pray their talk would turn out to something good. Well, I did pray no one dies tonight. And I wouldn't have a heart attack.

Fifteen minutes passes by, Michael now on the floor laid in a fetal position, Calum still mixing different drinks but his eyes seem to start drooping with Jamie reprimanding by his side, and Ashton having a conversation with Natalie by the corner sat on beanbags.

I'm seriously about to pass out here. What if they're fighting?

I contemplate what to do, and as I am about to rush out to the terrain, Dawn entered the room. She was laughing, her hand on Tina's arm and Kirby trailing behind them who wore a smile too.

Okay they all seem to be happy. Is that good or weird?

I watched as Tina walked into the room, and cheesy it may be, my heartbeat's paced increased. She was simply beautiful, not over the top, but enough to win my attention for the whole day. Her light brown hair swayed as she walks, her signature petite smile on her lips.

When she meets my gaze, I hurriedly averted my eyes. Maybe they're laughing because they finally agreed to kill me. Damn.

They huddled up for a talk. After a few minutes, Kirby and Tina walked towards where Natalie and Ashton were, sitting among them. Meanwhile, Dawn was making her way towards me. Her expression was unreadable except for the fact she's smiling. Was it a genuine smile or fake? A teasing one, or perhaps mischievous?

As Dawn nears me, she placed her hands on my shoulder and gripped it tightly.

"Uhm, how has it been?" I asked, gulping out of nervousness.

She chuckled, and then shook her head in a playful manner. "Aye boy, you have a chance now. Don't fucking screw up."

My eyes widened, both because of the information and hearing Dawn cuss. In a sudden burst of information, I managed to squeal. Gladly not very loud, only audible to Dawn.

She laughed at this, giving me hard pats on my shoulder. "Thank you freaking much Dawn! You could have Kirby if I get Tina. I mean look at him, he's like Zac Efron."

"Welcome." she smiles and then raised an eyebrow. "And Kirby? Don't you know he's gay?"

My mouth gaped open. This night brought weird information. Kirby is gay?

"He is gay? But I thought he likes Tina!" I muttered in shock. Dawn just sighed and crossed her arms.

"He's gay, duh." she smacked my shoulder playfully.

She sauntered towards the bar stool I sat previously and seated herself. I decided to take a sit beside her too.

I scan around the room and gazed at Tina, meeting her eyes that were already watching me. By catching her, a subtle blush creeps into her cheek and she threw her look back at Kirby. I smiled.

"So wait, he really does like Michael?" I asked Dawn, my eyes still on Tina.

"I don't know." Dawn said. I turned my head back to her, seeing her smirking. "So what are you going to do now, Lukey?"