29: "Just Hanging"

[Tina's POV]

"Are you sure you're going to do this? You know he's still our friend and we don't really like to see him -whatever he'll be, God bless his soul- after you do your thing with him." Michael asked me for the twentieth time already. I kept nodding while narrowing my eyes at this blond boy who was currently bending down to the drinking fountain.

"Got the rope Ash?" I asked Ashton. When I heard silence, I looked at the three who's eyes were closed and mumbling something.

"Lord heavenly God, please guide our friend Lukey. He may be an asshole but he's the asshole we've been closed to for years. If he dies, no one will pay for the apartment bills, nor he would be able to pay for the pizza guy we owed a hundred bucks." Calum prays with his palms tightly pressed to one another while I stare at the three kneeling down.

"Bless Tina's soul to have a little mercy for the guy she used to love, may she not commit murder." added Michael.

I groaned before smacking the heads of these three. Do they think I'm that hateful that I'd kill Luke?

"I. Will. Not. Kill. Him." I said with emphasis on each word.

They smiled uneasily at me. "Promise?" Ashton asked.

"Promise." I nod.

"Cross your heart?" Calum asked with eyebrows creased.

"Cross my heart." I mocked before crossing my fingers over my chest.

"Till death do us part?" Michael asked in a serious tone.

We all looked at him weirdly.

Till death do us part? Isn't that a wedding vow?

"That's a wedding vow Mikey," Ashton told him with an amused expression.

"Really? Sorry I couldn't think of any other questions for a promise." Michael chuckles innocently.

We look around as if nothing happened and Ashton presented the rope to change the topic.

"Here's the rope Tina," he handed me the rope, "are you sure you're not going to strangle him with that?"

"Oh of course I'll do that and throw his corpse in the back of my trunk so no one would notice." I noted with sarcasm.

"We're serious Tina, don't kill him." Calum begs while nudging me with his elbow.

"Yeah I won't! Easy, I'm just going to even up the game with him." I shrug casually.

Luke must've done drinking when he walks pass by us. We hurriedly hid behind a bushy plant as we watch him walk away like we were creepy stalkers. When the coast was clear, we four hurriedly made our way towards the flagpole.

Calum volunteered to climb the pole while Ashton handed him the rope after Michael and I would tie them in a knot. We set it up in some sort of a trap, completely ignoring the stares of weirded-out students. After all, I'm already used to the attention I get.

Though I liked it when somebody praised me a while ago for punching Brenda. I finally stood up from that whore.

When we finished the rope trap, I sent out Michael and Calum to do their job. They need to lure Luke in this trap so my plan of a cheeky revenge would be successful. I hope so.

I see Kirby walking over Ashton and me. He sent us both a questioning look while glancing at the rope we're holding.

"Are you planning to bring down the flagpole or what?" he asked.

"Tina's gonna get back from Luke after he stole her clothes and made her chase for it. Inverted dejá vu from the 8th grade incident." Ashton chuckled.