47: "Persistence

[Kirby's POV]

"Guys, this is a bad idea! I told them we'll be late for three more hours!" I warn them as they position themselves in the bushes by the front door.

"We should've used the remaining time to stop by that nearby pub. I need me some whiskey right now." Mr. Carson says with bore, making his way to the hammock tied between two oak trees. It was situated near the terrace and has a perfect view of the canopy of the vast green fields.

I heaved out a sigh and watch five childish high school juniors infront of me. They were trying to hide, then giggling and pushing each other in the bushes. I really wonder why they've made it through Junior. And I thought Jamie and Natalie were sane unlike these three idiotic lads?

"Kirby! You'll ruin the surprise! We must hide and scare the Lukina loveteam!" Calum whisper-yells, if that made sense, and moved around the bushes as if to make space. He even pushed Ashton aside that made him bite a twig of leaves.

"Stop saying loveteam. Dawn is literally ten meters away from us." Natalie reprimands, yet her tone was in a playful manner.

"Wait, why did we let Dawn alone to fetch the groceries from the van?" Jamie asked in bewilderment, subtly exchanging pokes with a stick against Calum. He pokes her on the arm with a giggle, and Jamie seemed to have enough when she thrust in the branch on his side and made Calum groan and hug the brick wall.

"Why are you so violent Julio?" Calum cries.

I rolled my eyes. Why did I agree to be on this field trip with these kindergartens again?

"Let her be." I glance for a second at where the van is, and traced my look back at the door. I crossed my arms, and I could hear rumbling voices and footsteps from the inside.

"Kirby! Hide fag!" Michael glares and pulls me by my wrist, pushing me deep inside the shade of the bushes and causing some leaves to decorate my once well-groomed hair.

"Stupid asshole." I hissed at him, but he seemed to ignore it.

We listen for a moment, but then we heard complete silence. And then comes a loud thud, like someone falling on the floor or getting pushed down. But then we heard a few laughs right after.

"Oh my God, what if they are doing putty, the reproductive organs version?" Michael's eyes went wide, but by the expression on his face and a dubious grin, I don't know whether he was in shock or amusement.

"It's now or never guys!" Calum tells us, Ashton crawling by his side and doing weird hand gestures.

All I see were a peace sign, then he twirled his index finger around, then he made a walking gesture, then some fireworks of somesort, then a gun. I don't know what else, but it all did make no sense at all.

"What was that?" I asked him with my brows creased, slowly moving closer to reduce our voices' volume.

"I was signaling you that we should stick together then attack inside first instead of waiting them out here." Ashton says with a casual shrug. Even though that wasn't casual at all.

"I thought you were commemorating the World War II. But hey, close enough." Michael and him did a bro-fist and chuckled to themselves. Which left me thinking again how eccentric they are.

"Okay, let's group now and get ready? I open the door!" Calum claims, springing up on his feet and grabbing the knob.

We had no choice but to just circle around him and let him be. He seems content with this and smiled cheekily at us, grasping the metal door knob now tightly.