43: "The Amazing Horse Race"

[Luke's POV]

I can't take it.

Seeing Tina was painful. By morphing myself into something she'd hate, and my friends too, I was hoping I could start anew. They didn't deserve me. I am nothing.

And now we had to freaking win the Couple Act and I'm going to this trip with her. Knowing Kirby would come along, I decided to bring Dawn with me. How bad may it seem, but Dawn can be a good shield against any romantic scenes of Kirby and the girl I like.

"Lukey, please help me." Dawn's irritating squeaky voice snaps me out of my thoughts. I shifted my eyes towards the stallion infront of me. The brown horse stared at me back threateningly, like saying silent warning that he'd kick me hard with its hooves.

Well great, even a horse hates me.

I grabbed Dawn's waist and hoist her up to the horse's back. She grabs on the reins with caution, slinging her left foot over the side. She then adjusted into the horse's saddle, grinning at me like she was ready to ride out into a scene of a cowboy movie. Oklahoma influence, I could say.

"Won't you take a ride, Hemmings?" I almost kicked the horse from a voice that startled me from behind. As I turn around, I see Mr. Carson up on a white stallion. He even wore a cowboy hat.

I scratched the back of my neck as Mr. Carson nudged his horse to pace infront of me. "Ah, maybe later." I answered simply.

He shrugs then narrowed his eyes on the horizon, tightly holding onto the reins and yelling a, "Hiya!"

I turn around back at Dawn, only to see her riding her horse towards the others. She gathered up with Michael, Kirby, Calum, Ashton, Natalie, Jamie, and Tina. Calum and Jamie were on the same horse, so was Ashton and Natalie. Michael was on a reddish brown horse by himself. While Tina and Kirby...

Of course. Kirby had to hold the reins from Tina's behind. He rested his chin on the crook of her neck while Tina lets out that cute laugh of hers. I frown and immediately regretted not riding on a horse. I could've had the chance to let my horse kick Kirby off of her.

I pin my eyes on Christina. With her signature petite smile, a smile that shows off her demure personality. But now it has an edge to it, like it was a smile that makes you think twice to mess with her. She wore a black top underneath a sleeveless denim jacket, a pair of bleach-washed skinny, and brown boots. Her light brown hair swayed lightly with the wind, making my heart do acrobatics in an unmanly way.

I sigh and took a seat on the wooden bench. I kicked around the dirt while eyeing the crew, they seem to be indulging into some discussion. Suddenly, Michael hooted out loud. He yelled out loud with his arms flailing. "Loser gets to wash the dishes tonight!"

They guided their horses into a line. Ashton, with Natalie behind him and hugging him tight from behind, gripped the reins and set his eyes against them. He smirked in a competitive way. Calum on the other hand, had a toothpick in between his molars, as if to show off a rodeo about to begin. Michael even cracked his knuckles. Kirby raises his eyebrow at Tina, then he handed her the reins. Kirby jumped off the horse and walked towards where Mr. Carson was.

I decided to join whatever they were planning to do. I strolled over Dawn and her horse, which was unfortunately beside Tina, and gestured for her to scoot over. I leaped on the horse. It even seemed to reject me from riding, but I held on tight to the saddle.

Dawn gave me the reins, swiping her hair by the side to let me see pass her.

"A race is about to start, huh?" I asked Dawn.