Prologue

Highschool wasn't fun like everybody expected. It wasn't always hanging out with friends, going to parties, nor strolling down the campus hand-in-hand with your boyfriend.

Especially when you're someone who doesn't belong to the popular category. Let's say I'm one of those who are blessed with brains but less fortunate in the social field.

It was a normal day in school. I had turned it all my homework with compliments from teachers. I passed projects on or even before time.

Up until my title was screamed throughout the hallway by the boy that drives me insane.

"Hey nerd!" the boy calls me and I faced him, features contorted with irritation and plastered with a fake smile. And unfortunately, that was a bad decision to make, because as soon as I turned around; a spitball lands at my forehead then he threw another piece of crumpled paper at me.

"W-what?" I asked, trying to calm myself down. I glared with exasperation at this blond-haired guy with a lip piercing, chewing on a gum.

"Ms. Everett sent you that," he just said with a smirked brushed on his lips and then walked away, leaving me on the hallway. Still, with a spitball on my forehead.

"Jeez, I really hate you." I wiped the spitball off my forehead. "Well who doesn't anyway?" I laugh at my own words and read the letter.

Ms. Christina Hepburn, you are requested in a meeting this afternoon at my office.

Sincerely,

LIKE DUH I TOLD YOU WHO SENT THIS :P

The ever unchangeable bastard, Luke Hemmings, could have said it to me. And he made a letter with his ugly handwriting.

I crumpled the paper and hurriedly made my way to Ms. Everett's room, which is the Chemistry lab. I saw her sitting on her desk while sipping on a cup of coffee, probably from some nearby coffee shop, like obviously.

And as I stepped in, I saw there were four guys sitting adjacent to Ms. Everett. And another spitball was fired.

Guess who it is?

With no dramatic drum roll, it was no other than the spitball-firing dude from the hallway that ruined my life for the past decade.

"Good afternoon Ms. Everett," I greeted, wiping off the spitball off again and threw Luke my well-old death glare. He just stuck his tongue out.

If only murder wasn't a crime.

"Ms. Hepburn, please sit down." I sat down on the sit she offered but Ashton kicked it away. I clench my fists to hold my anger, but the four hags just sinisterly laughed at me.

"So why'd you call us with this dork?" Michael asked, pointing at me.

"Because you the four of you lads failed your 11th year, therefore, you can't goof around your vacation." Ms. Everett said after clearing her throat.

The guys were silent for a few seconds, and then they all grunted. Well except for Luke, just chilling with his feet on Ms. Everett's desk. Very polite of him to do.

"What?! Are you telling us we can't have our vacation?!" Calum yelled, pounding his hand on the desk.

Ms. Everett tried her best to smile and nodded to Calum's question.

"No! I was planning to search for a new electric guitar Miss!" Michael pretended to cry and sobbed, sinking his face on his arms.

"I had to find drumsticks for my collection," Ashton said with a sour expression.

"Miss! Please you must give another chance miss, please." Calum begged with his palms pressed together. Then the three started bowing before Ms. Everett.

I glanced at Luke and saw him just staring up the ceiling, his hands behind his neck. He's okay with it?

Wait why am I here? Don't tell me I can't have my break too? 

"Miss, why am I here?" I asked nervously. Waiting to hear for something horrible. Like I failed my maths. Or lost a test paper. Or lost my card. Even angered a teacher or something.

But I never expected what she said next.

"You're their new tutor!"