44: Dr. Fluke

[Luke's POV]

"You take us to a fuçking place that is fuçking far from a fuçking hospital?!" I yelled at Mr. Carson, grabbing his collar.

My hair were tufts of blond mess right now, my eyes bulging out like I drank 10 cups of coffee while watching a horror movie, and my thought were unorganized. I didn't know what to do, and I didn't care what I was doing. Tina is unconscious, lying solemnly at the sofa. And my mind went on auto-pilot as its goal was to make sure she was safe.

"Mr. Hemmings, my brother is a doctor. I know Ms. Hepburn isn't in a serious medical situation nor is she in any fatal state. She just got some bruises and scratches, just wounds treatable by first aid." he explained almost a hundredth time to me. But I didn't care of his gibberish elaboration, I want a real assurance she wasn't bleeding internally or was stuck on a coma.

"She's unconscious, are you shitting me? How could she be fine!" I demanded with much rage. Ashton rushed by my side, draping an arm over my shoulder in a comforting manner.

"Luke, calm down. Kirby just checked her pulse, and it's normal. Her breathing is on the right pattern too. And she did just have some small cuts from her fall, nothing too serious." he reassured me. But my mind was still clouded with anxiousness and I didn't bother my friend's explanation either.

"Well maybe you haven't heard it clearly. She. Is. Fuçking. Unconscious! How can we say she's okay if she's not opening her damn eyes! We need medical help right now, not just conclusions from people that don't even know the difference between a dressing and a bandage!" I narrowed my eyes at Mr. Carson, yet he didn't look guilty and rather looked annoyed.

"She probably passed out from exhaustion and the heat. Now she's in a well-ventilated room, an ice pack on her head, and two girls fanning her- I'm pretty sure she'd wake up in no time." my deluded teacher replied coolly, and it took me all my patience to stop myself from strangling him.

I look at Ashton with pleading eyes. "Ash, please... I can't bear seeing Tina being hurt. I want her safe." I said, yet my sincerity seemed like a joke to Ashton.

"Mate, we're friends and all, but I still remember clearly how you became such a scumbag. You've hurt her actually, worse than just those wounds up her arms and legs." he said in a brotherly tone of disappointment, producing the everyday sensation of a knot twisting in my chest whenever I look at them and realize how much they had resented me.

But I don't have the right to hate them for ignoring and looking at me like I had leprosy. I brought this to myself. Clearly, I had made a bad decision again. The worst decision I made in my years of existence.

I sighed and drifted my eyes over the serene face of Tina, snoring lightly while some of her hair strands swayed along the breeze. "That's out of the question for now. I just want her to be okay, and not physical writhing in pain. I'd rather have her hate me forever, than see her struggle on unbearable pains." I say sadly.

"Mr. Hemmings, again, Tina is fine. She's not on the edge of death nor is she clamoring for consciousness right now. She's just tired, and these aren't my made-up conclusions. I do know stuff about medical and people in serious issues, but Ms. Hepburn will be fine. She'll be properly ventilated and soon will be rehydrated when she gains consciousness." Mr. Carson tried another reassuring pat on my shoulder. And this time, I let the topic go and returned to my seat just beside Tina's sleeping body. Kirby kneeled a few inches away from me, making sure she was cool by fanning her.

Kirby glances at me, keeping a straight face. I smile a little, yet he seemed unimpressed. "Hemmings, I totally want to rip off your testicles, set it on fire, and shove it up your nose." I coughed uncomfortably, avoiding Kirby's eyes.