35: "Fake Date"

i just found out red bull is an energy drink, not actually alcoholic. i ain't livin' in america, so soz. for the sake of this fic, red bull has alcoholic substances. it's fiction, so deal with this shit. ilysm x

[Tina's POV]

"May I take your order?" a waitress asks. She was wearing those typical uniforms with blue and white stripes on her knee-length skirt and a matching t-shirt. She also wore a ruffled white apron and wore a sweet smile. I could tell she's only about my age. And thank God she's not like some of those waitresses who flirts and displays their cleavages, she's rather childish.

"I'll have the triple chocolate ice cream cake." I told her after I looked at the glittery menu.

Luke flips over his menu in search for his order. He smiles at the waitress, "I'll have strawberry sundae."

My left eyebrow cocks up at his order. Strawberry?

"It'll be up in a few minutes, ma'am and sir." she bows a little before proceeding back to the kitchen.

I tilted my head a bit as I stared at Luke. He mockingly tilted his head too, a sly smile on his lips.

"Why strawberry?" I asked him in curiosity.

"I got used to it," he shrugs. "you know... It's Dawn's favorite."

Of course. Dawn, again.

"Oh." was all I managed to say and pinned my attention outside.

It was drizzling. The light rain made students hurry to cower back to the school. Luke and I didn't mind about the upcoming rain, and I guess it's kinda interesting to have ice cream on this cold day. I watch as a droplet of rain slides down the glass beside me.

The silent was calming, the breeze entering the ice cream shop a bit shivering. I feel Luke's eyes on me, but I try to ignore it.

"Kirby likes you." Luke suddenly said.

I chuckled and threw my gaze back at him. Kirby likes me? Doesn't he know that Kirby is gay?

I was about to tell him about Kirby's sexuality, but I decide against it.

"So? It's fine for me." I say, hiding the tease in my tone.

He grimaces at me, but in a childish manner. "It's okay for you to hang around with someone who likes you? Or do you like him back?"

I'm enjoying this too much for no reason. So I decided to go with the flow.

"What if I like him?" I asked.

"You can't like him!" he protests in a reason I don't know.

"Why so?" I crossed my arms over my chest, challenging him.

"Because..." he pauses and narrowed his eyes at the table in deep thought, "you just can't."

I laugh with no humor, "I like him." as a friend.

His eyes stayed at the table. But now they weren't his regular cool blue ones, it started to darken.

We were both silent for a while in my fake confession. I didn't mind him and tapped my fingers on the table, playing with the table napkins while waiting for our order.

"Fine." he says coldly.

We stare at the street outside, silence never leaving our atmosphere. Luke and I never shared this much silence before, it was either we're both shouting because of arguing, or it's our seldom laughter. I never knew silence would be an option in between the two of us.