2: "The Deal"

[Luke's POV]

"Really Mikey?! What poisonous food did you eat that made you say those words?!" I asked angrily at Michael. We're now at our apartment, the four of us rented it for fun. And independence, as our mums say.

"I don't know, it was Calum's gross cooking- ouch!" Michael answered but Calum smacked the back of his head.

"Thanks for the compliment." Calum frowned, earning a sheepish grin from Michael.

"Okay we all know Calum is a terrible cook... back to the point! Why?!" I asked and swayed the dangling light bulb. Just imagine we're like those 60s investigators.

"Uhm... because if Ashton says Tina was our tutor, they'll still probably mess with her. And we know everyone fears you in the school so if they thought she was someone special to you, they'd never touch her." Michael explained yet I still glared at him.

"Then let them kill her, I don't give a shit. Tina being my girlfriend is the thing that's super shitty." I gritted my teeth because I really hate her, ever since we were six.

Yet you can't ever believe Tina and my family are friends, except us two who probably wants to stab each other with a dagger.

Why with the hatred? Just... she embarrassed me badly once, she stole my clothes when we were 14, and I chased her with me on my boxers, never noticing the other students were looking at us. SHE MADE ME RUN ALMOST NAKED IN PUBLIC.

And plus we'd been firing each other pranks for years now. It's safe to say we dislike each other very much.

"C'mon Luke, we need to be nice to her. If they tear her apart then no one will tutor us." Ashton says, lightly tapping on my shoulder.

"But I hate her man, you know that. Plus, we could get a professional one out there, not her who's just a nerd." I ranted. But they remained unconvinced. Partly, I know, because they'd like to tease the he'll out of me.

"A nerd with straight A+ and an IQ probably over a hundred." Calum sneered at me as a warning.

"Is she that smart? Never knew that freak was smarter than Einstein." i hissed and they just put on straight faces.

"Luke, you'll just have her as your girlfriend, not the end the world." Michael sighs and rests his right hand on my shoulder. "It's only for a while too until she makes us pass our test. Just play along and be nice to her so you could finish this as soon as you can." Michael advises but I thumped his forehead in exchange.

"Don't even get me started, I'm still mad at you." I stood up and started walking away. It's best to catch some fresh air for a while.

They let me be and I ambled towards the balcony. The sun was radiating warmly, the air blowing a soft breeze. Somehow, it calmed my mind. It's nice to catch some air.

Well not literally catch the air cause that's real stupid.

"Why her anyway? I'd rather have that girl on science class who has braces surrounding her face that she looks like a football player. Or I'd rather fail and be willing to do year eleven again." I talked to myself to set my mind off her.

She is my girlfriend now. Such event happened in one blink that I am still punching myself to see if I'm just having another nightmare. The nightmare that I wished never came true.

I suddenly felt a force of an kbject being thrown at me. I scrunched my face and screeched a little.

"The f?" I quickly looked at where the paper ball came from.