Obedience's Apprentice - Cal Kestis (Smut)

I glared at my trooper, my helmet rested on my hip. They lowered the gun down from the innocent Twi'lek, causing me to look away from him. I didn't know if it was due to the fact that I had an eerie cybernetic eye, a battle sending a scar right through my left eye. Or if it was the fact that I was the big bad commander that everyone was terribly afraid to be assigned to in a mission.

And there was the fact that most of them were probably scared of disappointment and that's all I ever was in them, disappointed, dissatisfied. My only wish was for my troopers to be obedient, strong, and smart. Though, it seemed no matter how many time new troopers were assigned to me, they all failed.

A frown of disappointment was laid across my face, giving my General, General Suduri, the face I always gave her when my troops failed me. She would be coming back to Ryloth to see our progress and I really didn't need her seeing that my troopers were threatening civilians when they were ordered not to.

A ship landed a few feet away from where I was standing, not General Suduri's usual modified TIE Fighter. It was a ship that usually brought more supplies and soldiers to certain places, no the usual ship to expect your General to come alone in. But, she wasn't alone.

A hissing noise came from the ship as the side doors slid open with ease, revealing my masked General, followed by another masked man. He wore a helmet similar to a death trooper's and wore the usual inquisitor attire, red and black material clinging to his arms. He was tall, at least 6 foot and was lean, though just his mere presence sent shivers down my spine, chilling my bones and turning my stomach inside out. He walked menacingly, staring at me through his blacked out visor.

General Suduri lead him towards me, his overpowering aura only getting stronger with each step. I hated him, hated the way he made me want to cower in fear each click I heard from his tall boots. I was the most feared Commander in the Empire and I was scared of a skinny General with a shiny helmet, a General I've never seen and never been involved with.

Must be unimportant, I thought to myself. First mistake of the day.

"Commander Y/l/n, I see you have secured Ryloth, good. What was wrong with the troopers I gave you this time?" she asked, acknowledging the upset look on my face.

"We were meant to capture Ryloth and make sure civilians didn't interrupt. Though, we were not to threaten them if they didn't threaten us, but I have troopers still holding their blasters to civilian's heads when they speak or even move around. It is unacceptable, the only way we will keep control of Ryloth is if we treat them well, not like hostages," I complained, my face heating up in anger as I glared at one of my temporary men.

The General hummed, peaking over her shoulder at the other inquisitor. "Commander, I would like you to meet General Kestis, he has the finest troopers in the Empire and he would love to show you how obedient they can be under his command. Maybe it'll teach you how to train your troopers to listen," she retorted, her tone and words insulting. I knew it hadn't been my fault my troopers were practically deaf when it came to my commands.

I nodded my head, turning my eyes over to my new General, which I figured would also be temporary. My second mistake.

•–•

Just yesterday I had been assigned to General Kestis, though only today was I taken to the barracks I'd be staying in while under his command. He was silent. hadn't spoken a word at all, not even one single order to his troopers. He ignored them, even the "Good evening General"s that he often got.

I was guided silently through the large halls of the base him and his battalion resided in. All he would do to tell me which room was which is point to the sign covering it, metal formed into letters that were used in Galactic Basic.