Catching the Jitterbug - Tech (Fluff)

Summary: Being put into the Bad Batch was something good for you, a turning point in your life. And it was certainly a crazier one when you had found feelings for the technician of the team. Was there anything that could stop you from staring at him?

Warnings: shy!reader, fluffffffff, mentions of Crosshair, the awkwardness of my brain

A/n: I write Tech really poorly, I'm very sorry. :(

•--•

He'd almost caught you once again. As you splashed water on your face, you exhaled with a soft breath. Hunter surely felt your heart rate increase, heard the heavy exhale you had made when you first introduced yourself to the refresher after Tech had looked over at you. Hunter heard everything. Stupid stupid stupid.

You had caught yourself accidentally looking at Tech quite a bit in the past few months. It was a habit you had attempted to throw out the window, to completely remove from your life, but it never seemed to disappear. You'd never tell him that you felt this striking interest whenever you looked over in his general direction, but you did. And if anyone knew at all, it was Hunter. The stupid sergeant and his stupid little senses that made you feel insecure to be in the same room as Tech because if Tech couldn't tell that you were so infatuated in him, then Hunter could. And Tech had absolutely clueless for once in his life.

Tech was smart, smarter than many living creatures for that fact. Though he wasn't smart enough to catch the hint that everytime he caught or almost caught you staring, it wasn't because you were waiting to ask him a question. It was because everytime you looked at him, he was always so in his element. He was downright adorable while working, so focused. And when he spoke to you, he tended to ramble. Fuck it made your heart swell - he was so cute when he got into one of his lectures.

You had dreamt of being next to him, allowing yourself to cuddle into his side as he worked on whatever he was doing. He was good at working while being pushed around by the boys. It made you think about how easy it would be to slip into his arms while he tinkered with whatever project he had going on or while he was reading something on his datapad.

You finally came out of the small, clustered refresher, seeing that Tech's eyes were focused back on his datapad (like always) and Hunter's were looking at you. Wrecker and Echo were outside with training targets set up, teaching Omega how to shoot her bow. You missed the kid and her big hugs even if she was just outside.

"Everything.. alright, Y/n?" Hunter asked, leaning a bit forward from his sitting position. He knew that he knew, faker. You hummed an approving noise as you back down next to the sergeant. You wanted to punch him square in the jaw, but you put that off for another day. Hunter gave you a bit more room, pulling his legs together from when he was man-spreading.

You cleared your throat, gaining the partial attention from Tech as well, "Has Cid called us back yet?"

Hunter only shrugged, "No, said she'll have a mission soon."

The silence clouded the room once again. They really didn't do that much when there was no repairs, this had been the first time in forever that the ship had been cleared for being okay. We'd all almost thought it was one of Tech's dry jokes, that's how much of a tendency we had for repairs. And it absolutely sucked to have nothing to do all day. You should've offered to help train Omega. Or just went back to bed when the Marauder landed on Ord Mantell. Those were both better alternatives than sitting in silence with a man you had a crush on and the only man that knew. Crosshair knew too. But you didn't like talking, or even thinking, about Crosshair.

You made a popping noise with your lips to clear the whole "awkward silence" thing, "I think I'm gonna visit her for a little and get a drink, I miss her attitude."