Graves of Memories Passed Away - Echo (Fluff/Angst)

Summary: Echo was so quiet and kept to himself for a while after he'd been found. But yet, the medic of his team caught his eyes with a energetic personality, booming laughter, bright eyes, and voice of controller chaos. Why did he exactly like you?

Warnings: Just a whole bunch sweet of flashbacks, a bit of angst actually, mentions of Fives' death

•--•

The bar was lively today. Not in the sense that there were a lot of people, but in the sense that everyone was relaxed. You'd all finished your mission yesterday and Cid saw how pent up even you were, so she allowed a small break. But she was happy too, seeing past her grumpy smile was the joking Cid that was enjoying Hunter's company.

But you, oh you were why the whole bar was so lively. At least, that's how Echo saw it. Your laughter was booming across the bar as Wrecker, you and Omega all were playing a card game. That sweet laughter, no wonder he loved you more than anything. Even more than Omega (don't tell Hunter he said that though).

Your mouth was open, teeth showing as you laughed at one of Wrecker's stupid jokes, Omega coming back with someone more clever in return. Smart kid, she always had a good comeback; and a way to make you smile. The top of your nose was scrunched as your eyebrows leaned to press together. Omega was giggling, watching you. His heart melted at the two of you - it always did, seeing the corners of your eyes crease with happiness whenever his little sister cracked a joke. He hoped one day he'd see a sight like that again, with a different kid, one you both named and watched come into the world. One day.

"Why is it that you find her so fascinating?" Tech asked, rubbing his index finger against the glass. He had moved his gaze from the liquid to Echo, a light tilt of his head and a look of pure curiosity. "I figured maybe you'd go for someone more... calm?"

Echo's face was somewhere between shocked and trying to find an answer. There were many answers, but what was one that Tech would like? Multiple, Tech would always want multiple answers, as many as there was.

"I guess- well, have you ever heard the speculation that you love someone that resembles your closest family member in personality?" Echo asked, envisioning Fives laughing at his words and clapping him on the shoulder with a taunt in mind, 'Maybe that's why I always liked the sassy ones!'

Tech looked surprised at that, "No, I've actually never heard that one. But please continue."

Echo cleared his throat, trying to ward off the image of Fives making fun of him for even believing such a stupid quip. "Well, I guess I see a lot of Fives in her. She's so out there and not embarrassed for being seen or heard. She's funny and confident and she just has this feeling of home to her. She's so smart too, hides it behind all that beauty. Fives used to be the same - he was second to you Tech, extremely smart, just was hidden behind his looks and hair."

"Not as smart as Echo though!" you cheered, mouth wide with a smile spread from cheek to cheek. Fives sat there on the other side of the booth in 79's with his eyebrows furrowed from the lack of attention as you sat next to Echo, his arm wrapped around your shoulders tightly.

"I'm as smart as Echo, you just can't see it past this sexxyyy exteriorrr," Fives said, drawing out the two words as he ran his hands playfully up and down his chest. He looked ridiculous, getting more giggles from you.

You returned the gesture by rubbing your hands across Echo's chest, "Echo's sexier than you, loser."

"We both look the same, di'kut."

"Liar, look at him," you reached up and squished Echo's cheeks together, him side-eyeing you with an unamused expression even if you knew he found it funny, "His right eye twitches when you make fun of me. And he's just soooo handsome," you pressed kisses all over his cheek, leaving lip-gloss marks across his tanned skin.