Handsome Red Herring - Cal (Fluff)

Warnings; fluff, Cal's just too cute, that's all really

•–•

I ignited my f/c lightsaber, it's sizzling noises drifting through the air of the large stone training room. Cal stood at the other end of the circular room we were training in. His lightsaber emitted it's blue glow, craving mine to hit it.

I ran towards Cal, lunging at him, throwing a heavy top attack. He parried me as I continued to pull a combo of light attacks along with confident jabs. Cal blocked then all, extending his hand and using the force to push me back a little bit before jabbing at me back.

I side stepped, throwing my lightsaber in his direction before using the force to pull the hilt back. His saber deflected mine before I took it back, spinning it pointlessly.

"You're getting stronger with the force, I'm proud of you," Cal praised, sending me the softest smile ever. He always managed to break me down, making my heart throb with joy when I saw the handsome smile that graced his lips. He had a way with movement and words, it was as if he knew every way to melt my heart over the burning stove that was his voice.

I returned the smile, pink lightly painting my cheeks. I looked down at my feet, trying to hid how giddy I looked just from a single sentence that left him.

"Now let's see how you are with blocking my attacks. Remember, channel the force, let it guide you," Cal said, sauntering towards me menacingly. I got into my defending stance, ready for any blow that Cal would try to land on me.

Cal's blue saber bounced off mine, his light attacks failing. He threw a heavy, our lazer swords burning against each other in bright light. Cal's face had a competitive look placed upon it as he connected our eyes, his emerald irises invading my heart slowly but surely. I was loosing focus as thoughts crept into my mind, thoughts of Cal holding me on cold nights made my heart rate speed.

I shoved his saber off of mine and stepping back. I was ready for another chain of lights towering up to a heavy, but it seemed that he didn't feel that was necessary. He sheated his saber and stepped closer to me while I did the same to mine.

"You're distracted, Y/n. What's on your mind?" Cal asked, placing a hand on my shoulder, rubbing it with care. I cracked under his touch, my mouth yearning to say the things I'd been keeping to myself for years on end.

My restraint broke as he leaned his freckled face closer to mine, a loose ginger hair falling over his forehead in the most godly way possible. My eyes softened and my hands unconsciously made their way to his face. Cal's confusion was visible as I sighed deeply.

"I.. I don't know how to say this Cal. All I know is that these past few years, you've hypnotized me with your face and you heart and your words. You're intoxicating, I want more. I want you," I confessed, feeling one of his fingers trail from my shoulder to my neck, cupping it from behind.

Cal's lips neared mine, sharing the breath that was between us. Fireworks went off in my head as our lips connected as one, the kiss soft and sweet. My eyes fluttered shut, bliss taking my mind way for the moments that our lips were molded. I'd never thought of what it would be like to kiss Cal, but now I knew it was heavenly, beyond amazing.

I got visibly upset when Cal pulled away. He laughed lightly and laid a hand on my cheek, "It's alright, don't be upset cutie." I tried to lean my face up to him, puckering my lips slightly as I tried to get another kiss. Cal obliged, pecking my lips. "I feel the same way you do, Y/n, you don't need to kiss me like you're gonna lose me, alright?"

I nodded, smiling at him. I was happier than I'd ever been. I was standing in the training room where Cal trained me everyday, staring into his lovely eyes after I had just kissed him with so much love connected to my lips. It was a dream that would be replayed every night and would be recreated every day.

Cal rubbed my cheekbone with his thumb, examining me like I was an encryption in stone. The way he looked at me had me crumbling in his arms. I couldn't contain myself any longer as I mumbled a quick, "I love you."

Cal was shocked, watching as I disconnected our eyes in shame. I let the three words slip after locking them up for so long. I was afraid how he would react to such a meaningful sentence. I knew Jedi weren't supposed to be attached like I was to the handsome redhead.

"Look at me, Sweetheart," Cal said softly, encouraging me to see him and his new reaction. I did, the fear of messing up what I could've had with Cal stabbing sharp needles into my stomach. Cal stared down at me, his eyes sparkling with delight, "I love you too."

I pulled Cal's face down to mine, kissing him for the third time today. The adrenaline that rushed through my veins made my heart do flips inside of my chest. Cal's wide smile pressed against my lips as he held me close, loving the attention. Time stopped in that moment. The only thing I knew was Cal - his touch, mouth, face, laugh, smile, eyes, him. He was mine now, my forever, my red herring.