Those Eyes - Cal Kestis (Fluff)

Warnings; fluff fluff fluff, poor baby Cal gets hurt 🥺, the reader is a big softy towards him (as they should be), and that's all ❤️

•–•

"Y/n, Cal's heading back here and he looks a bit beat up. Please grab your medical bag when you come to greet him," Cere called, breaking me out of my state of focus. I set down my dirty rag from cleaning my best friend's lightsaber workbench. I snatched my small red bag from off the floor next to it and made my way out of the back room.

Rushing to the main room where we ate, planned and spent our free time, the sight of Cal slowly stomping his way up The Mantis caught my eye. He was clutching his right arm with his opposite hand, his nostrils flared from what I assumed was a recent fight. When he saw me, a weak smile spread on his lips and his shoulders loosened.

I melted just from seeing his smile. He forgot about the pain in his arm just to flash me a cute little smile and I couldn't help myself from falling deeper for him than I already have. Okay, I admit it, I like the ginger Jedi more than I should, I just couldn't resist his loving nature and handsome face.

"Spider monkey, what did you get yourself into this time?" I asked, walking up to Cal and taking his left hand off of the wound. It was a long, but shallow cut. I felt his gaze on the top of my head, making me face flush red as I thought about making eye contact with him, savoring the heavy attention he gave me.

I heard shuffling behind me. "Where's that droid?" Cere asked, gently nudging us to the couch. Cal took a seat and I stood between his legs, setting my bag down on the table.

"An abnormal monster jumped out at us and BD got scared, he's hiding somewhere in that cave outside. If you can, there's two blaster's at the entrance, you and Greez go find him. There's not anything harmful out there, just take the blasters to be safe," Cal explained, watching me pull out a clean cloth, pouring some rubbing alcohol over it and sitting down next to him.

Greez let out a loud groan, "You owe us kid." I giggled and started cleaning along Cal's cut, listening to the sound of boots drifting away, the grumpy pilot following Cere to look for BD.

When I finished cleaning Cal's wound, moving on to wrapping it in white bandages, I caressed his arm, feeling the muscles that Cal was starting to develop in his biceps. "You like my arm, Y/n?" Cal asked with a smirk, his hand reaching up to hold my chin between his finger and thumb.

I blushed bright red, grabbing his wrist while I was in the middle of bandaging his wound. "C-Cal, can we talk about this later, I need to wrap your cut," I said, looking at the ginger with a serious face. He huffed, taking his hand back and allowing me to finished my job. I then grabbed a box from my bag, taking out baby wipes and wiping down Cal's left hand, cleaning the blood off.

"How was your mission?" I asked Cal, staring up at him with curious eyes. He still watched me like he had been since he stepped onto The Mantis, eager for something.

Cal traced my jawline subtly, examining my face like it was a diamond filled with millions of lines that he couldn't decipher. "It was alright. I got worried I wouldn't finish it though. When that monster jumped out, I don't know what got to me but I felt fearful that it'd tear me to shreds."

"Why? You're never afraid Cal," I replied, smiling up at him as I successfully cleaned all of the blood off of his pale hand.

He grabbed my chin again, watching my face soften while staring into his mesmerizing emerald eyes. Those eyes, oh those eyes. Those eye ate up my heart, tore my heart out of my chest, and most of all, craddled my heart like a newborn. Those eyes held my thumping heart like it was a china plate, refusing to let it crack under their protection.

My own eyes flickered between keeping eye contact with Cal and looking at his pink lips, softened, so incredibly kissable.

"I was afraid I'd never be able to see your pretty face again," the Jedi confessed, leaning close to me. A loose strand of orange hair fell onto his forehead, making me giggle even though my heart pounded right out of my chest. He looked like a god, a young god. Maybe a god like Apollo (I know greek religion wasn't in star wars, don't come for me), charming and bright like the sun, voice like a harp, words flowing through his lips like a sweet, sweet prayer. Cal smiled humbly, melting me down more, "Now, how about that question I asked earlier, about you liking my arms?"

Cal's hand now rested in my hair, dancing his fingers through my locks, thumb occasionally brushing my ear and making me shiver. "Well... I mean... they're nice. Yeah, they're nice... They look really big and warm- I mean, it's not like I-" I rambled, getting cut off by Cal's heavenly lips on mine. I hummed into the fervent kiss, placing my hands on Cal's shoulders. It was so intoxicating, I silently wished that I'd never have to leave it as they moved against mine, spreading warmth through my whole body. I started to refuse that Cal was anything near human. Even such a small part of his face was still better than anyone else's. Nobody to compare to Cal, nobody could make me absolutely crumble the way he did.

Cal and I jumped at the loud sound of feet coming up the ship ramp. We pulled our hands and mouths away from eachother, both blushing equally as hard as the other. BD ran in, racing to jump on the couch. I giggled and leaned down, kissing the droid's metal head. He beeped, enjoying the gesture.

"Found your little droid, kid. Sounds like he was excited to get back to you," Greez said unenthusiasticly, making his way to the cockpit of The Mantis to go fly us to another planet, or just do something that didn't regard us.

Cere looked at me and I saw it in her face. She knew something happened, of course she did. There was probably a change in the force or whatever else caused her to know. She made her way to the cockpit as well, leaving me and Cal no alone, but unwatched by anyone but the little droid.

I looked back at the ginger, staring into his vibrant green eyes.

I love you, I said to him. Though, I only said it in my mind, where he couldn't hear. But, no wonder he knew I wanted him back so badly, no wonder he knew to stare at me with such a soft look, no wonder he knew I liked his arms. He could hear my thoughts. Cause right when I thought that this was all just an "in the moment" type of deal, Cal stood up, lifting my chin. He closed the gap between us, lips brushing ever so slightly, forcing me to crave him and his blessed gentle kiss.

"I love you too."