#6 * On Time Is Late

Athena took the towel Nike was holding out for her. The victory goddess always made sure her girlfriend stayed in shape.

The breathing of the grey eyed goddess was heavy as she wiped the towel across her sweat beaded forehead.

"You did good my love." Nike said with a smirk.

"I always do." Was the reply.

Athena winked at her girlfriend, who smiled back at her.

The angel took the wisdom goddess by the hand and together they started walking on the path that lead from the arena back to Olympus.

"You know we can just flash ourselves home right?" Athena asked with a raised brow.

"And where is the fun in that?" Nike said over her shoulder.

The daughter of Zeus couldn't help but roll her eyes. None the less a smile appeared seconds later.

"You are so extra." She chuckled.

Nike let out a snort.

"As of you're not."

Both goddesses shared a laugh.

After a little walk they entered the temple and weaved their way through the countless halls, until finally they reached Nike's chambers.

With a smile the victory goddess pushed open the door.

"Please go shower love." She smiled at her girlfriend.

"Why? I thought you liked this type of look." Athena replied with a cocky smile.

"Oh, it's not the look. The smell however?"

Nike turned up her nose and turned around. The wisdom goddess got an idea as the scene unfolded in front of her. She walked up to Nike and hugged her from behind, no doubt passing on the sweat. Nike turned her head towards Athena.

"Really?" She faked an angry voice.

Athena, who knew the fake anger all too well, just chuckled.

"Oops? Guess you'll have to shower with me now..." The wisdom goddess hummed in the angel's ear.

"You're unbearable." Nike said pushing her away.

"Mhm where would I have gotten that?" Athena said, hinting towards her father.

"You're words, not mine." The victory goddess chuckled.

The grey eyed goddess shook her head a smile still lingering on her lips. She walked over to the closet and borrowed one of Nike's simple dresses.

She took one out for her girlfriend as well and layed them out on the bed. Next she took some towels and threw one towards Nike.

"Come on, dinner will be ready soon. We can't exactly be late."

"Because we were late yesterday and got another warning?" Nike said with a smirk, well aware of the reason they were late.

A golden blush appeared on Athena's cheeks. No doubt she too remembered the reason. The daughter of Zeus cleared her troath.

"Y-yes, exactly..."

Without another word she dissapeared into the bathroom. Nike chuckled to herself. The power she had over the wisdom goddess by doing the smallest things.

"Nike we should go. Dinner is about to get served." Athena protested weakly.

The victory goddess had her pinned against the wall and was feasting on her neck and collarbone.

"I'd rather finish this meal first." Was the angel's reply.

Her voice was slightly deeper than usual and seemed to have Athena in a trance. The daughter of Zeus didn't want to leave. But she knew they had to, Zeus wouldn't really be happy of they were late. Again.

"Angel, you know what he-..." The wisdom goddess was cut short as she gasped.

Nike enjoyed teasing her, by kissing her neck. A soft spot of the grey eyed goddess she liked to exploit.

"What he?" The angel urged her to continue.

"What he said last time."

A low chuckle escaped Nike's mouth.

"You don't honestly think he can separate us right? You're the goddess of strategic warfare my love. You without victory is like Ares without violence." She said.

This Athena knew. As did Zeus. But if she could avoid it the wisdom goddess rather didn't disappoint her father. He'd get that look in his eyes. And that look was the one thing that always seemed to penetrate her armor and hit her where it hurts most.

Nike felt the conflict in her lover and rolled her eyes.

"Fine, we'll go now. But you owe me one after dinner." She grumbled.

Athena just smiled and kissed her angel.

"I was counting on that."

The two of them smooth their clothes a bit and with a dozen of small, distractive kisses they walk through the halls towards the dining hall.

The two goddesses stepped out of the shower. Somehow they made it out, without losing themselves in the other too much.

As Athena dried off Nike allowed her eyes to feast for a moment. The toned muscles, the tanned skin, the long hair. If only they had more time.

"Stop it. We don't have time for this." Her girlfriend said as she dried her hair.

"Stop what?" The victory goddess challenged.

"That. Staring, playing around. You're making it rather hard for me." Athena said as she left the bathroom.

Nike wasn't far behind. Yet she was only just in time to see the towel drop. She couldn't help the fact that her jaw dropped. It was simply out of her control.

"Yeah, I'm the one making it hard on you." The angel mumbled.

The wisdom goddess cast a look over her shoulder. She was already half dressed by now and her lover, still standing there, was still dripping from the shower.

"Focus angel."

Athena snapped her fingers right in front of Nike's face.

"Right."

The angel started drying of as her girlfriend left to comb her hair. As soon as Athena left the room the trance she seemed to be in ended. She got changed in no time.

When Athena re-entered the room she saw her lover fully dressed and handed her the comb, figuring it would be faster.

When finally the two were done they left the room. Nike looped her arm through Athena's and rested her head on her girlfriend's shoulder.

Together they pushed open the door towards the dining hall and joined the others for dinner.

Zeus turned his head towards his daughter and charioteer. He smiled approvingly. At least once they could make it on time.