#94 * Man down

"Argh!" Rexhenor cried out.

He grabbed for his chest, pressing both his hands against it. He fell backwards onto wooden flooring. The soldier looked up to see two eager heads peak over the edge off the sofa he fell behind.

"I got you." Alexia said, a wide grin on her face.

In her hand was an already reloaded nerf gun. Right beside her, little brother Daemon, pointed his gun at Rexhenor and shot without mercy. The foam dart bounced harmlessly off the Captain's chest.

"So have I."

"You don't shoot a man who's down Daemon. That's just messed up." Rexhenor said.

"Haven't your mothers taught you better than this?"

The eight year old shrugged, not caring much for the Captain's fruitless excuses. He got him, that's all that matters.

"Alexia and Daemon - 20, Rex - 15." Alexia stated.

Rexhenor smiled at that. Competitive as ever. She definitely took after her mother, the goddess of victory. He had not a single doubt that every small task in the house became even the slightest bit competitive. Just like he had no doubt that his superior, the kids' other mom and the goddess of wisdom, had to do everything in her power to not let the competition rule her family.

"What kind of soldier are you when you lose from two kids?" Daemon, ever insightful, asked dryly.

"A good one." The captain smirked.

He aimed the two small nerf handguns he was holding at the kids, hitting each of them with a dart.

"Alexia and Daemon - 20, Rexhenor - 17."

Alexia glared at him.

"I strongly dislike you." The fourteen year old stated.

"Ah, we agree for once. Now hide or I make it 18 and 19."

Immediately the kids scrambled out of the couch across the house. Rexhenor was a man of his word and they knew that. Silence settled in the living room as the kids hid. Rexhenor took his sweet time to get up and let them devise a strategy of their own. In the meantime he restocked his pockets with the darts that littered the floor. After a quick reload he decided to see if he could find them. As quietly as he could he snuck around the couch to get a better view of the living room. Rexhenor quickly established that his theory was correct. The children had left. That raised a new question. Where did the kids run off to? Their house was massive, as is befitting of goddesses of course, which made searching for two children quite the task. The captain decided on a systematic approach. From the living room he would make his way into the kitchen and then move on to the hallway. After that, he would move through the rest of the house, clearing it, room by room. After making sure to check every nook and cranny in both the living room and kitchen Rexhenor entered the hallway. Leaning around the corner, prepared to shoot at even the sight of dirty blond locks or black curls, he made sure the way was safe. He was about to go upstairs, pretty sure that neither of the kids would have the guts to hide in Athena's office or Nike's trophy room. When reaching the stairs, the captain aimed his guns up, making sure he was in the clear. Before he could finish he heard the clicking sound of a nerf gun that was being reloaded.

"Now!" Alexia's voice called out.

Immediately a rain of darts showered over the Captain's head. Daemon's devious cackle sounded from above him. It would seem the kid had stocked his mini-gun with plenty of darts. Sometimes Rexhenor really wondered how on earth he was born of Athena. The captain immediately jumped over the staircase railing and behind a wall to safety. The carnage from above came to a halt. He took a few deep breaths. Just then Athena and Nike exited their office. The former seemed confused at the scene in front of her. Her captain with two nerf guns held closely to his chest, taking deep breaths.

"What are you doing?" The wisdom goddess wondered.