#41 * Story Time

Alexia was walking past a bunch of Athenian soldiers with her mothers. Each of the men and women saluting.

'One day I'll command them.' The teen thought.

At least, that's what her mother had promised her. If she'd actually make good on that promise was still to be seen.

They walked along, entering a building, going up a set of stairs. They entered a corridor and entered the third door to the right. It seemed like a giant board room.

Alexia knew what this was. This was the place where her mother's would discuss the right strategy until either of them cracked. Either Nike would crack and tell her lover victory was within her reach or Athena would crack and tell her girlfriend there was no way they could win with their current resources.

See the victory goddess' job was to make it as hard as possible for anyone to win. Athena's was to make it as easy and efficient as possible.

The teen hoped her angelic mother would crack first. Because if Athena cracked first she wouldn't see Nike until the battle was over. She didn't want to miss her and she didn't want to see her other mother suffer because her angel wouldn't be with her.

Rexhenor was already inside. He gave her a smile and a wink. Whenever Alexia was around him, he tended to let go of the strict military rules for a bit. He knew Athena and Nike didn't really mind.

The girl walked over and wrapped him in a hug. He didn't have children of his own because every waking moment was devoted to his service to Athena. But he treated Alexia as if she were his own.

She had grown so much since the day they'd first found her. By now she turned sixteen years old. She'd grown tall and strong. The young girl already knew that if she was old enough, she'd join her mothers' forces.

If you asked her why she'd tell you 'I already spent so much time with them that they have become a second family. You fight for family.'

"Alright, Rexhenor if you could take Alexia outside with you? Nike and I have plenty to discuss." The wisdom goddess said with a gentle smile.

"Of course ma'am." He said.

He let go of the girl. The soldier put his hand on her shoulder as they walked outside.

"Don't fight too much okay?" The teen said to her mothers right before they exited the room.

"We wouldn't dare." The victory goddess winked with a smile.

Both were being light hearted at the moment, but Rexhenor and Alexia knew that what would follow when they closed the door was a heated argument. An argument that would end with the defeat of one and neither of them liked to lose.

Together the soldier and the girl walked outside. They joined alpha squad as they were having a moment of story telling together.

Alpha squad was Rexhenor's squad. They were his brothers and sisters. He'd gone through so much with them.

"Remember that time in the first World War when the general had Rexie run for ammo the whole time because he pissed her off?" Alayna asked with a chuckle.

"Even Nike stayed away from her that day." Maiko joined in.

Alexia glanced up at Rexhenor.

"That really happend?" The girl asked.

"Trust me kid, even they wouldn't be able to make this up." Rexhenor chuckled in reply.

"Any other stories I should know?" Alexia said, sitting down on a crate next to the luitenant. Her name was Mikaela.