#35 * Tough Love

"Stop twisting my words!" Nike yelled.

"I'm not!" Athena yelled back.

"Yes, you are!"

"No, I'm not!"

"I told you I'd be back around 3 and I was." The angel snapped.

"Excuse me? You were back at 3:45." The wisdom goddess growled.

"I told you it could get late." The victory goddess argued.

"Yes, but when you tell me around 3 it doesn't mean showing up 45 minutes later, wasted and unconscious, in the arms of your best friend!" The daughter of Zeus said.

"Do you have any idea how worried I was?!" She added.

Nike didn't reply. She scowled at her girlfriend, who was standing in front of her. Why didn't Athena trust her? She could take care of herself and besides, Dike and Bia were there too. It's not like she'd gone out alone.

"You sure you don't want to come with us?" Nike asked Athena as she finished her outfit with some earrings.

"No thanks. Parties aren't my kind of place. Besides they're you're friends, they're here for you." The latter replied.

The wisdom goddess stood behind the angel and kissed her right behind her ear.

"If you say so my love." The angel replied, turning in her arms when she was done.

She stood on her tippy toes and pecked her girlfriend in the lips.

"But it would've been really nice if you'd just join for once."

Athena gave her a sympathetic look. She knew the victory goddess wanted nothing more than to show her off to her friends and litteraly anyone at a party.

"I know darling. Just not tonight. I'm not really feeling up for it." The daughter of Zeus replied, kissing the angels head.

"Mhm... You owe me one then." Nike muttered.

Athena chuckled lightly. Of course the angel would say something like that.

"Very well. What time will you be back?" The wisdom goddess asked.

"Urm... I don't really know. But I suppose somewhere around 3." The victory goddess smiled.

"Excellent. Have fun love." Athena smiled.

"Naturally." Nike smiled back.

One last kiss and she flashed herself away.

"Do you?!" Athena yelled, pulling Nike from. Her thoughts.

"Of course I do." The angel snapped back.

"Don't you think I've never felt the same way when Apollo drags you in from a war zone?"

"It's not the same." The wisdom goddess growled.

"How is it not the same? You tell me you'll be back in four weeks. I don't hear from you for six. How do you think that makes me feel?!"

The victory goddess felt like a ticking time bomb. If this went on much longer she'd explode.

"A war zone can hardly be compared with a party! I can't control when I get injured. You however can control how much you drink!" Athena screamed, her eyes lighting up gold.

That light in her eyes told the victory goddess that even her girlfriend was at the end of her rope.

Neither wanted to keep going and do something they might regret. But neither wanted to back down from the argument either.