#22 * Fate Is Cruel

(Author's note: I really loved the idea of Alexia so I brought her back :) if you don't know who she is you can go back and read #17. Also she might make more appearances in the future. - Athena_9909)

Athena entered the room she shared with Nike. The angel was already laying in bed. Her eyes searched the wisdom goddess as she got undressed.

"You should do this more often." Nike mused.

"Do what?" Her girlfriend raised a brow.

"Undress right in front of me." The victory goddess smirked.

"This happens every night." Athena shook her head.

"As I said. You should do it more." The angel winked.

"You are such an idiot."

Nike just chuckled, neither denying or admitting the statement.

"Alexia?" Athena asked as she joined her girlfriend in bed.

"Sound asleep." Was the response.

Satisfied Athena wrapped her arms around her girlfriend and gave her a kiss.

Nike on the other hand wasn't satisfied at all when her lover pulled away. Soon enough she pulled her in for another one.

"Someone is needy tonight." The daughter of Zeus smirked.

"Yes and you really shouldn't keep needy girlfriends waiting." The victory goddess replied with the same smirk.

Athena shook her head with a smile.

"You really are an idiot."

"Well we can't all be like you can we?" Nike chuckled.

"Nope. In fact no one can." The wisdom goddess said.

"I'm an idiot and your a narcissist. Fine couple we make." Nike scoffed.

"I'll have you know I didn't drown in a lake, chasing my own image thank you." Athena said with faked hurt.

"Right my bad. Egoistic fits better then."

"I am only a goddess after all."

Both of them chuckled. This playful bickering was part of pretty much everything they did together. So too going to bed. Suddenly there was a knock on the door.

"Yes, come in." Nike answered.

The door slowly opened to reveal little Alexia, barely tall enough to open the door, with her stuffed bunny in her arms. Tears stained her face as she entered the room.

"Alexia, sweety, what's wrong?" The angel asked as the little girl walked up to the bed.

"I had a bad dream." She sniffeled.

"Do you want to tell us what you dreamt about?" Athena asked once Alexia had joined the goddesses in bed.

Alexia had her arms wrapped tight around her bunny as she sat right in between her mothers.

"There were three old ladies. One was making the thread. One was measuring it and the other one was cutting it." The little girl explained.

Athena and Nike shared a look. She dreamt of the Fates. That was never a good sign.

"Do you remember where they were?" The wisdom goddess asked.

"They were in a dark cave. There was no light. Only the glow of the tread and their tools." Alexia continued.

"Were they looking at you?" Nike asked, fearing the answer.

"Yes. Into my eyes and I couldn't move." The little girl replied.

Once again her mothers shared a look. This not only scared Alexia, it scared them as well. Usually the fates looking at you like that, while cutting a thread, would mean you were about to die.

There was one thing both Nike and Athena agreed on that night. They didn't say it out loud, but they just knew the other knew it.

Whenever that moment would come they'd delay it. Delay it as long as possible. Because as ever fate is cruel. Their dearest Alexia is mortal. One day they'd have to give her away, but they would do everything in their power to make sure that day was still very far away.

"It's okay sweety. They aren't here and they will never hurt you. Not while we have a say in it." Nike said, pulling Alexia a little closer.

"Mommy is right. We will always protect you." Athena confirmed, wrapping both her girls in a hug.

"Momma, can I sleep with you and mommy tonight?" Alexia asked turning her sky blue eyes to the wisdom goddess.

"Of course you can honey." She replied, kissing the top of the little girl's head.

The three of them got comfortable underneath the covers, Alexia wrapped in the protective arms of her mothers. At the snap of Nike's fingers the lights flicked off.

Fate might be something to fear, but parents protecting their children should be feared even more.