#92 * Better late than never

Warning: This short contains NSFW content. Please, be mindful of whether or not this is a short for you. If not, I would like to encourage you to scroll along to the next one.

- Athena

Daemon soared through the streets of Olympus as fast as his pitch black wings could take him. He made a sharp left and heard a not very pleased satyr curse after him.

"Sorry!" The young god called back.

For the first time his mother had trusted him with the report of the war to the council. As expected with his luck he was late. He was sure the council was already waiting for him and judging by the rain he doubted his grandfather was pleased. The raindrops were sharp on his skin as he sped towards the temple of the gods. He kept his bag tightly to his chest, shielding it from the rain, trying to keep it from making the papers inside all soggy. He doubted his mother would be pleased if they were a crumpled mess the next time they made it to her desk to be filed away. After all, she was a woman with a high regard for order and organization. Soon the young man landed in front of the big doors that led to the throne room of the Olympian council. He would have taken a breath if he didn't feel like it would only delay him more. He pushed open the massive oak doors and hurried to his mother's throne, settling himself to its right. He rummaged through his bag, assuring himself the papyrus was fine.

"Where have you been?" A hushed voice from his left asked.

Daemon looked up from his bag and in the direction of the voice.

"Alexia," He stated, spotting his sister.

She was dressed in her full armor. A proud feeling overtook him. She was his older sister, but she was only half immortal. Alexia had been adopted by their parents. When asked if she wished to be immortal she declined at first. Daemon had never really understood why. He had practically begged her to accept their parents' offer. Unlike her, he was born to them and was fully immortal. Eventually Alexia decided to serve in their mother's army, becoming one of the partially immortal soldiers. The only way she could die now was if she was severely injured or was slain in battle. Though the thought still scared Daemon, he was also glad that he didn't have to see his older sister die of old age or sickness.

"I got sidetracked on my way here." He tried.

His sister didn't seem very convinced. Alexia shook her head as a smug smile lingered on her lips.

"You were with Lidianna you mean."

Daemon could feel the blush creep onto his cheeks. He averted his eyes to the ground and hushed his sister. Before he could make up an excuse, Lord Zeus cleared his throat.

It was only then that the young god noticed his grandfather's annoyed expression as he slouched on his throne.

"Good, you're finally here boy. Now tell me when your mothers get here so we can get started." The king of the gods grumbled.

Tell him where his mothers were? Daemon's eyes scanned the room for his parents. His angelic mother was not in her usual position. Normally she guarded Zeus' throne with her sister. Though his aunt was the only one there, leaning on the spear in her hands as she seemed utterly bored. To his surprise the throne he stood next to was also empty. Strange, his mother was never late. She was always punctual. The only thing he observed in the council was bored and annoyed Olympians. Ares and Dionysus were even sleeping.

"I- I don't know." Daemon admitted.

"Wrong answer kid." Hermes muttered, shaking his head.

"What do you mean you don't know?" Zeus asked, his voice raised.

Athena x Nikeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें