#9 * Lazy Mornings

(Quick Author's note. This one is quite short, but idk it just felt right to end it where it ended I guess. But that's why I'll be uploading two chapters at the same time so you have a bit of extra content. Enjoy! - Athena_9909)

The sun peeped through the blinds and fell onto Nike's face. The angel sighed contently as she felt that for once, the bed next to her was still occupied.

It didn't happen very often that Athena stayed in bed with her in the mornings. Usually she was out at first light, busy coming up with new strategies, reading, something council related and a bunch of other stuff.

Today however she was still here. The slow, but rhythmic breathing let Nike know that her girlfriend was still asleep.

She snuggled a bit deeper into Athena's arms. Those strong arms that fought so many battles, but were only ever used to protect.

Slowly the victory goddess traced her fingers from Athena's lower arm up to upper arm and back down. The gesture was repeated over and over.

As Nike studied every little detail Athena too woke up. She didn't feel like opening her eyes yet so she remained as she was, drowning in the magical touch of her girlfriend.

Nike knew Athena was awake. She had heard the change in breathing.

"Good morning." She hummed.

Athena pulled her a little closer towards her.

"Morning angel." She replied.

"How come you're still here?" The victory goddess asked.

"Don't get me wrong I love it, but I'm just wondering what I did to deserve this and if I can do it more often to get the same result."

Athena chuckled.

"You are such an idiot. But I wanted to surprise you this morning. It's been quite hectic lately and I feel like we haven't had time for ourselves in so long. So I figured why not this morning." She explained.

"Well your surprise worked." Nike smiled.

"The first part yes."

The angel turned around to look at her girlfriend. Grey eyes met amber colored ones for the first time that morning. Everytime they met it seemed like the first time all over again.

"The first part?" Nike questioned.

Athena simply nodded.

"Then what's the second part?" The victory goddess asked, curious.

"If I tell you it won't be a surprise anymore."

"Please?"

The wisdom goddess shook her head. Then she gave Nike a peck on her lips.

"Nope. You'll have to wait. Besides it's something you'll only be able to see if you get up and I'm not ready for that just yet." Athena said, pulling Nike into a tight embrace.

The latter put her head in the crook of Athena's neck and decided that she'd wait a little and try again in a few minutes.