#11 * You Always Have A Choice

Nike was sprawled out all over the bed, wrapped in the sheets. Athena smiled looking at the sleeping angel. She looked simply adorable.

The wisdom goddess contemplated on staying and ignoring the fact that she had to leave. But that would most likely end in a disaster.

After silently getting dressed she glanced at the angel one last time.

"I'll see you soon angel." She whispered.

Then she flashed herself downstairs where she met up with Hermes.

"Good morning." The mischievous god smiled.

"Morning." Athena nodded.

"Ready to go?" He asked.

"No."

"I figured. But the sooner we get this over with, the sooner you'll be back here."

Athena nodded. Zeus had wanted her to escort Hermes. He had an important message to deliver. One that couldn't be intercepted.

If it were to fall in the wrong hands, that could mean the end of Olympus. There was no way the wisdom goddess would ever let that happen.

"Why did you even offer it?" Nike asked.

"What can I say? It's in my nature." Athena said, raising her shoulders.

"Besides Zeus would've asked anyway if I hadn't said anything."

"And we both know you can't say no to him." The angel rolled her eyes.

"Sure I can." The wisdom goddess frowned.

"My love, have you ever met yourself? You can't." Nike retorted.

"Yes I can."

"Oh really? Prove it. Tell him you're not escorting Hermes."

"I-... Angel that's not fair." Athena crossed her arms.

"What's not fair is that you take every moment we have together and fill it with some duty to Olympus." The victory goddess grumbled.

That shut Athena up. She didn't mean it like that, but she knew it felt like that to Nike.

"Look I'm sorry. But this is really important." The grey eyed goddess pleaded, taking the angels hands in her own.

"You say that about everything. You know Athena, there comes a moment that it starts to sound more like a lie." Nike pulled her hands away.

She turned her back to the wisdom goddess as a silent tear rolled over her cheek. Of course Nike knew this was important. But was it really that selfish of her to want her girlfriend to stay close to her for once?

Athena sighed. She hated not being able to do anything about this. She was caught between two storms. On one side her family and on the other her angel. She couldn't possibly drop either without facing serious consequences.

Nike woke up alone. She looked at the empty space next to her and sighed. She didn't even say goodbye.

The angel buried her face into her pillow. Why for once couldn't Athena just stay? Why for once couldn't she just say no?

It just wasn't fair. She wanted her girlfriend around. She wanted to do nice things with her. Aside from fighting battles they hardly did anything together.

Fighting a battle with Athena is empowering and she loved it yes, but she would love to do things couples do as well. Go out for dinner or a drink. Go on nice walks in the woods or at the beach. Watch a movie or cuddle together.