#82 * Poetry

"Isn't it romantic?" Nike sighed.

She was sitting on the edge of the waterpool that showed the images of the world below.

"What is?" Athena questioned, although she wasn't really listening.

The scrolls in her lap took up all of her attention.

"Poetry." The angel said, staring at a guy named Shakespear.

The wisdom goddess merely scoffed, not even bothering to look up from her reports.

"What on earth is so romantic about it?"

"Well he puts his feelings into words. Don't you think that has something meaningful to it?"

"Why would you want verzes and verzes of people spilling their guts on a piece of paper?" Athena asked, quite brutally.

"Because you'll know how you make them feel." Nike said.

"How is that romantic?"

"Maybe you like the way they make you feel, so when they feel the same... How do you not see this?" The victory goddess asked.

Athena merely shook her head at her friend. She'd never understand what the angel saw in poetry.

Nike woke up, laying on Athena's shoulder. Her eyes fluttered open. However the angel was quick to close them again. She hadn't expected the rays of sunshine on her face.

The victory goddess chose to snuggle back into her girlfriend's neck. She heard a gentle chuckle.

"Morning." Athena's slightly monotonous voice greeted her.

"Morning." Nike replied in the same tone.

The angel knew all too well what that voice meant. Her girlfriend was reading. That also meant, no attention unless she'd actually tell her or annoy her.

Nike rather didn't annoy Athena while reading, it usually meant she'd get less and less attention.

"Babe? Can I have your attention please?" The angel asked.

"Mhm... Let me finish my chapter." Was the response.

"How many pages?"

"Four left."

"Fine." Nike muttered.

She wrapped her arm around Athena's stomach and pulled herself closer to the wisdom goddess.

Athena herself shifted a tiny bit of her focus towards her hand. She moved it and buried her fingers in the victory goddess' hair, twirling a blond lock around her long fingers.

As soon as she finished her chapter she placed the book to the side and turned her full attention to Nike.

As the wisdom goddess sank back into bed to lie on her back, Nike's eyes fell on the book her girlfriend had been reading. The title of the book stood out in its golden lettering.

'The works of Sappho.'

The victory goddess' eyebrows furrowed together. Athena caught the look and found it rather odd.

"Something wrong darling?"

"I thought you didn't read poetry." Nike stated, looking up at her girlfriend.

"I didn't, but I do now." The daughter of Zeus grinned.

"Apparently. What changed?"

"We did."

"What exactly does that mean?"

"We went from friends to lovers dear. I never understood the poets, until you happened to me." Athena explained.

Nike was struck with awe.

'What could be romantic about feelings spilled on a page?' She could hear her girlfriend ask crystal clear.

"You got into poetry... Because of us?" The angel chuckled after a bit silence.

"Maybe." The wisdom goddess replied, a grin on her face.

She avoided Nike's searching gaze. The victory goddess propped herself up on her elbow.

"Pallas Athena, don't you dare look away from me!"

"Full name? Auwch."

As a response Athena turned her back to her girlfriend, the smile never leaving her face. Nike opened her mouth in faked hurt. 

"You know what's going to hurt more?" 

The victory goddess placed her foot on her girlfriend's lower back.

The moment she felt the skin contact the wisdom goddess knew it was over.

"The floor." She stated, pushing Athena of the bed.

With a yelp and a rather loud bang the wisdom goddess hit the floor.

"You are so cruel." Athena said, sitting up and leaning on the edge of the bed.

"Never said I was nice love." Nike grinned.

"You know I almost forget you're a daughter of the underworld, until you do stuff like this." 

The wisdom goddess glared at her girlfriend.

"And what are you going to do about it huh? Oh right.... Nothing." 

The angelic deity smirked. She knew she won. No strategy could beat the actual goddess of victory. She would forever be victorious.

"I hate you." Athena grumbled, climbing back into the bed, yet still snuggling into her girlfriend's arms.

"I hate you too love." Nike smiled, kissing the top of Athena's head.

------------------------------

It's a bit shorter than what you guys are used to I know. Sorry about that, but it just felt right ending it like this. Hope you like it anyhow, happy reading!

- Athena