#30 - First Comes Love Than Comes Marriage (1K Special)

Author's note:
1K?! What the duck you guys that's insane. Thank you sooo much. I never thought this would happen, but hey here we are! A huge shoutout to all the people who voted and commented it means the world to me and of course to all of you who read the story. I'm glad you're enjoying this. Okay I'll stop ranting now so you guys can go enjoy your special.

- Athena_9909

------------------------------
Nike's pov:

I was in a dressing room getting ready. Today was the day. I was so excited, but also incredibly nervous. What if I tripped? What if I made a fool out of myself? What if she ends up saying no?

I push the thoughts to the back of my mind. As my girlfriend always says, thoughts have power. The more you think about something the more likely it is to come true. I find she's quite right.

All around me nymphs, dryads and satyrs are running around to make the day as perfect as it can be. One nymph is braiding my hair, as a dryad is putting the finishing touches on my dress.

In the mirror I see the door open. My brothers, sister and parents all enter together.

"Nike! You look gorgeous!" Bia said, taking my hand in hers and looking at me up and down.

"Part of me thought you'd actually be doing this in your armor." Zelos joked.

"Nah dude, Athena would do this in her armor." Kratos added.

The mention of my girlfriend's name makes my heart jump. How did she currently look? Was she ready? Did she have doubts? Was she really doing this in her armor?

Again all the questions. I push them away. This was no time to over think.

"Boys. Don't." My mother remarked with a smile.

"She's already incredibly nervous. Don't make it worse." She added.

I gave her a nod that was filled with gratitude.

In the mirror I spotted my father walking up to me. He stood behind me and placed a hand on my shoulder, leaning in slightly.

"I'm so proud of you Nike." He whispered in my ear.

"We all are and we can't wait to see all the great things you'll do together."

I blushed slightly. My dad rarely ever says anything like that so it really means a lot to me he does now.

The nymph and dryad step away and admire their work. They look at one another and nod. They bow slightly and leave the room.

"Bia darling come on you'll be expected to be there when she enters. Boys come on we have to be there to." Mom said with smile.

Bia gave me a last look.

"Go. I'll see you inside." I winked and my sister smiled back.

Mom and my siblings left, leaving me and dad. Now I really was starting to get nervous. Dad offered me his arm.

"Shall we?" He asked in his deep voice.

I nodded and took his arm.

"Ready as I'll ever be." I replied with a smile.

He smiled back as we left the room. He led me outside. I felt almost as if I was part of a myth the mortals would tell to one another for years and years.

We stopped at the back of a giant aisle located in the woods. To the left a bunch of nature spirits from all across the Greek world. To the right Olympians and minor gods and goddesses of the Greek pantheon.